Make Up Your Mind or I Will - Part 1: Chapter 43

~2 weeks later~

Bella’s Pov:

Grabbing the orange juice from the fridge, I poured it into the glass cup and sat it onto the food tray. This morning I woke up extra early so I could make Austin his birthday breakfast. There in front of me sat scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, cooked tomato, hash browns and pieces of toast. I cooked quite a lot this morning but I know this is his favourite and it’s his birthday so I made it especially for him.

I tip-toed quietly upstairs, wanting to set up the breakfast in the room before he got the chance to wake up. When I cracked open the door, I noticed that he was in the same position as he was when I left him this morning. I slowly strolled to his side of the bed and laid down the food onto the bedside table without any trouble.

I’m surprised I did all of this without ruining anything. Usually I would have burnt the breakfast or I’ll drop something that would be loud enough to wake Austin, but no, nothing happened and I was proud of that.

I slowly climbed onto the bed and on top of Austin, watching him sleep still with his mouth wide open, tiny snores escaping. “Austin.” I whisper as I sat directly on top of him. “Austin.” I shook him gently.

“Mmmm…?” He mumbled and squirmed, his eyes still shut.

“Austin.” I whispered again.

“What?” His voice was very raspy.

“Happy birthday!” I screamed and he cringed at the sudden loudness, shoving his pillow on his face in attempt to block out the noise. “Happy happy happy birthday baby!” I began to shift my position side to side, moving my body continuously.

He slowly dropped the pillow off his face and smiled, pulling me by the waist and down onto the bed so he was now hovering on top of me. “Thank you.” He said whole-heartedly and began to peck tiny kisses onto my lips.

“I made you breakfast.” I smiled and he sat up, turning his head so he was gazing at the freshly cooked food I made for him.

“Yes! You’re the best!” He forcefully pushed his lips against mine before grabbing the food tray and placing it gently on the bed. I sat beside him and scrolled through my phone as he ate away. “Did you want some?” He offered.

I shook my head side to side. “No, I’m not really hungry this morning.” My sight never left my phone.

“You’re never hungry lately. You got to start eating, missy.” He said with a mouthful of eggs.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, yeah whatever.” I chuckled quietly. “Don’t forget that we’re going out tonight. I called up a bunch of your friends and told them about tonight.”

He looked at me in shock. “You called my friends?” I nodded my head slowly. “You contacted my friends? The friends that you don’t even like.”

I rolled my eyes. “I like your friends.” I mumbled quietly.

“You hate them all.” He continued to eat.

“No, that’s not true.” I began to sound defensive. “I like Tally.”

“Yeah, that’s about it.”

“And Ryan!” I retaliated.

“Hardly. You’re always giving him and Richard the cold shoulder.” He chuckled.

“That’s because they always tease me about my height.” I pouted. “Ryan’s only a few centimetres taller than me so he can’t talk!”

“Actually, he’s a lot taller than that.” He laughed as I sighed.