A Bad Beginning: Chapter 2

Hey guys, I split chapter 1 in half because it's way too long and so I made it into two chapters. Nothing's changed, I just halfed it. 

Bella's Pov:

As soon as the big hand landed on the twelve I left the parlour with my things and drove back home. In a short amount of time I pulled up into my drive way and noticed Ashley’s car in front of me. We only had one garage so this means I had to park somewhere out the front; I forgot she had the day off. I got out of the car and made it to my door, fiddling through my bag until I found my keys. I unlocked the door to find Ashley screaming. She startled me, naturally making me drop my bag, which caused my belongings to scatter across the floor.

“Hey! Your brother messaged me saying there’s a house warming party at his later tonight. You know what that means?” She asked, her eyebrows raising up and down with a grin plastered on her face.

“Jesus Christ, Ashley. Not only did you frightened the hell out of me but you made me drop all my crap that is now scatted all over the floor. You can now pick that up.” I smirked and walked past her.

“Oh. Sorry about that” She began picking up my stuff and shoving it back into my bag.

"What's so good about the house warming party?" I questioned and made my way upstairs, Ashley following in step behind me. 

“Knowing your brother, he always invites a shit ton of people and the people he invites are always smoking hot. He also likes to drink...like a lot; do you know what that means?” She raised both her eyebrows up waiting for me to guess what her hint was. I stripped down to my undergarments, wrapping my towel around my body and stood there staring at her.

“What’s your point, Ashley?”

“Hot guys and free drinks.” She giggled. “I still need to get over, Matt. I’m still recovering.” She placed one hand on her forehead, palm facing outwards and her other hand on her heart, acting as dramatic as possible. I rolled my eyes and walked right past her, patting her on the head while shaking mine side to side.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. As soon as steam started rising I opened the glass door and made my way into the shower. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened today; all the memories of him came back. He looked so much different now, more different than I had ever imagined, but it was a good type of different. He seemed like he had his whole life together, especially seeing that he’s in a band now. I wonder what band he’s in; he never got to that part. 

I was still wary about all of this, not knowing whether I actually do want to catch up with him. The past was harsh to me and I honestly don't want it to repeat itself; especially what he's put me through. I still haven't forgiven him for what he's done; I've built myself up from where I was before, and I wasn't going to let him ruin that. 

The loud knocks on the bathroom door disrupted my thinking, making me snap back to reality. “Bel! Hurry up, I want to leave soon!” Ashley shouted loud through the thick door. I turned off the shower and wrapped my towel around my body before making my way to the bedroom. My phone beeped as soon as I opened my door. I walked over to my table where my phone was lying and unlocked it, only to see that an unknown number had just texted me. 

562-435-9821: Hey, it’s Austin. I’m going to a party tonight and I asked my friend if I was allowed to bring someone along and he said it was fine. I was wondering if you would like to come. Sorry for the late notice but I just got invited a few minutes ago and thought going to this party would be a good way to catch up.