Epilogue: Chapter 53

Multimedia: Bella (Whitney) when she dyed her hair. 

I cried writing this. Enjoy.

~2 weeks~

Bella’s Pov:

I woke up feeling miserable this morning. For the past week Austin has been cold-shouldering me and it’s beginning to worry me. Many situations have been running through my mind in these past couple of days. Is he cheating on me? Is he growing sick of me? Did I do something wrong? The questions have remained unknown, mainly because I haven’t built up the courage to ask him what was going on.

“How long are you going to be at the studio for?” I asked as I pulled up the blankets closer to my chest and watched him get dressed in front of the mirror. He didn’t reply, he only continued sliding on his jeans. I sighed a little. “Austin.” I alerted him.

He looked at me through the mirror. “Huh, what?” He seemed a little uninterested.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t worry about it.” I sighed again and left the bed, walking past him and into the wardrobe.

He shrugged it off and kissed me lightly on the forehead. “I’m off, I’ll see you later.” And with that he disappeared out of my sight.

I don’t know what’s been happening with him lately. A part of me feels like it was my fault Austin was acting like this, but I don’t know what I’m doing. It’s making me feel anxious lately, but I don’t let it get the best of me.

***********

Bella’s Pov:

“So he’s been brushing you off lately?” Alan asked as I wiped the ink off his forearm. I nodded regrettably, knowing that one of my worst nightmares is coming true. “It couldn’t mean anything, Bella. I mean we’ve been really busy on this album lately and maybe it’s just stressing him out.”

I shrugged, not really convinced by Alan’s words. “On Saturday he told me he was doing band stuff but I caught him out with Tally and these two girls.” I sighed. “That’s when we fought but he magically turned into the lovey dovey Austin and somehow lured me back into his arms.” Alan cocked his lips to the side, unsure what to say. “I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, Alan. Has he said anything to you?” I asked curiously, finishing off the sailor girl on his forearm.

“No he hasn’t, but give it a few days, Bel. This week has been very stressful for him, for all of us. We’re putting in a lot of time and work into this new album, it’s not that easy. Just talk to him tonight, okay? What’s the worst that could happen?” I nodded my head, faintly agreeing to what he was telling me.

“I guess, but what am I even supposed to say? Why have you been so off with me lately? Are you cheating on me? Am I doing something wrong?”

Alan nodded his head. “To be able to get the answers you want, you have to be confronting. Confront him, Bella. By the looks of it these unanswered questions seem like they’re killing you. Don’t be afraid, I mean, you’ve known the guy for almost all your life; it’s Austin for god sakes.” His voice was growing defensively and I chuckled.

“Alright Ashby, you got me this time.” He laughed.

“I’m always right.” I rolled my eyes at his words.

I rubbed cream along his forearm and placed my tools down. “You’re done.” I stood up and stretched, my shirt just exposing a slight bit of my stomach.