♡)Día de Los Muertos||Blue Beetle

Beginne am Anfang

Then, you painted your face.

Your's: (you can change the blue to (F/C))

"Woah! That looks increíble!!", Jaime exclaims, examining his face

"So. Crash.", Bart breathes out.

"Aw, thanks! Let's move!", you grin.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Wow...", Bart quietly says, amazed by the bright colors of the festival. There were marigolds in every corner. Candles were lit everywhere. It was a truly amazing sight.

"Our town goes ALL out for the Day of the Dead. We have parties, games, food stalls, a parade...",
Jaime said and started to ramble about all the things we could do tonight.

"Oooooh! Guys, look! They sell CHURROS here!!", you squealed in delight, spotting a churro stall.

"...churros...?", Bart repeats, confused.

"Trust me, you'll LOVE em'", you say.

You buy Bart a churro. He slowly takes it from you and bites it. His face immediately goes from puzzled to delight.

"Woah... this IS good!", he breathes out.

"I know, right? Delish!", you grin.

"Hey, (Y/N)!... Bart! Want some horchata?", Jaime suddenly blurts. You turn to look at him. His face is a bit red and he's slightly glaring at Bart.

And, being the oblivious person you were, you were confused. (nononono, not talking about you, talking about me)

"Uh, Jaime, you ok?", you ask.

He turns slightly red and laughs, "Pffft, I'm ok, chica! I'm perfectly fine."

"O... k..? And, yeah, I'd like some horchata!", you smile widely.

You turn to Bart.

"Nah, I'm ok...", he says, totally engrossed with the churro he's eating.

"Alright then! Be right back!", he exclaims.

Your eyes widen, "W-Wait! Y-You don't need to pay for it, I-I will!", you sputter.

He smiles, "My treat, chica."

You blush a bit and timidly nod. He chuckles and runs to the... horchata stall?

You feel Bart elbow you. You turn to look at him and he smirks, wiggling his eyebrows. You give him a confused look. Then, you realize he saw you blush.

"Uhhhhh- LOOK! There are some games over there!!", you quickly point out before he can say a word.

His attention quickly turns to the games and he grins.

"Alright! See ya later, (Y/N)!!", Bart yells and dashes off. At a normal human speed. (He's smarter than that :3)

You chuckle and shake your head.

"(Y/N)! Here's your horchata!", Jaime calls out, grabbing your attention.

"Where's Bart?", he asks, handing you your drink.

"He went off to play some games.", you answer simply as you sip your horchata.

"And yet, I'm strangely ok with that.", he shrugs.

You laugh softly, "Yep, look's like it's just you and me, amigo!"

"NO, I'M NOT!!", he suddenly screeches, startling you.

"...sorry... scarab...", he sighs.

"Naw, it's ok.", you reassure him, taking another sip of your horchata.

He sheepishly smiles at you and takes notice of the Ferris wheel behind you.

"There's a Ferris wheel over there! Wanna go?!", he asks.

"Of course!", you beam at him.

He grabs your hand and pulls you towards the Ferris wheel. You blush at the sudden contact as you run with him.

You both get on the Ferris wheel box-thingy and start making your way towards the night sky.

"Wow...", you breathed out, taking in the magnificent view, "It's so beautiful up here..."

He hummed in response. He turned to look at you. Your eyes were gleaming with excitement. Your mouth was curved into a smile as you stared at the land below. Jaime couldn't help but stare at you.

"Eres tan hermosa... (You're so beautiful)", Jaime sighed dreamily.

"What was that?", you smiled, turning to him.

He quickly turned scarlet-red and laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Heh, nothing..!", he gulped.

You giggled at his flustered behavior and smiled, looking out the Ferris wheel box-thingy window. (I'm sorry, I don't know how to say those things. The ones that are completely covered.)

"(Y-Y/N)?", you heard Jaime's voice say softly.

"Yeah?", you ask, glancing at him.

"I-I... Quiero estar contigo hasta que el tiempo se detenga.", he blurted out.

You blinked, not knowing how to react to whatever he just said, "Um, could you maybe translate that for me?"

Jaime took a deep breath, his fists clenched tightly, "It-It means... I want to be with you until time stops. Because I... I love you."

"Y-You do?", you stuttered, cheeks heating up while not knowing how to react.

He took a deep breath and started rambling, "Yeah, I do. I really, really like you, chica. I get jealous when any guy talks to you. I totally understand if you don't like me back. I didn't think you wou-"

You cut him off, silencing him.

"You never gave me a chance to answer.", you softly said.

His eyes widen, "Does that mean-"

You cut him off yet again, "Te amo, Jaime.", you smiled, feeling quite proud of yourself when you saw Jaime's slightly surprised expression at your sudden Spanish sentence.

You were at the very top of the Ferris wheel.

He glanced at your lips and you turned a darker shade of red. You both slowly started to lean in... then, right on cue, fireworks exploded in the night sky.

And you both shared a truly magical kiss.

--------------------------------------

BONUS:

You walked out of the box-thingy, hand in hand. Bart was outside waiting for you. He glanced at you two and gasped. He held up his phone and did a manly-girl squeal, recording both of you staring and smiling at each other.

"THAT'S why (Y/N)'s last name was Reyes in the history books...", he whispered to himself.

------------------------------------------

DUN. WHEWW. I hope you enjoyed the Día de Muertos fanfic!! Be sure you watch Coco! I did this partially for Miguel! Anyways, comment down below!! BAIIIII~

---------------------------------------------