Chapter Sixty-Nine: Within the Forest

Nico's POV

My party was amazing. I was seventeen. Now a year younger than Will. But he still towered over me. I hated being so short. Especially when Will decided to take my slice of cake and hold it out of my reach, over my head. I got him back by eating his cake when his back was turned.

Will started training me a bit ago in wolf form so I would know how to fight wolves.. well.. tried to. He chickened out before we started (apperently afriad he might hurt me or something) and just stood on the sidelines, telling me what to do from the sidelines as Grover spared with me instead. It wasn't that hard, even if it was obvious Grover didn't seem to be trying very hard. Either that or fighting just isn't his thing.

Sol's still paranoid. He follows me everywhere and tells me not to go into the forest. I never understood why. Nothing bad has happened and everything is so calm. Even if it's still freezing outside. Snow sucks sometimes.

I've been travelling out of camp anyway. I've always made sure to be in areas the patrols stay in. They're hard to miss since they're only a couple inches taller than me. Not anywhere close to how tall Will is in wolf form. They're pretty fun to be around, even if they tease me about being out of Sol's sight. I always ignore them. Will/Sol wouldn't even be upset. Just concerned before relieved. I don't understand why he's been so clingy laterly, but I don't really mind.

Turns out I know what "summer" smells like. What Will smells like. It smells like finding courage to escape a bad situation. It smells like finding safety in someone else. It smells like learning to trust. Learning to be happy. It just.. smells like love. The love Will and I share. Will smells like love.

It's strange to think about us sometimes. A human in love with a werewolf. Little Red Ridinghood with the Big Bad Wolf. It makes no sense. It's the most backwards fairytale I've ever seen. Yet I don't mind. I've completely forgotten all about Nathaniel at this point. I don't need him anymore. It turns out I've never needed him. I'm perfectly happy as the Alpha of a werewolf pack. I'm perfectly happy in my new life....

Within the Forest....