Twenty-Eight: Guilt

(Y'all so impatient... But I'll take your rushy-ness as a compliment.)

Will's POV

I did it. I marked Nico. Well, Sol marked Nico. I was going to do it! But he just took control and I wasn't able to stop him. I'm still afraid to see how his body will react to bring marked. So far, he's been fine. Though I feel bad. Nico keeps saying the bite hurts. It's taking awhile to heal and it keeps bleeding every-so-often. We've bandaged it and have Nico hold a pack of ice against it, but he still says it hurt. Even Sol feels guilty.

Why wouldn't we feel guilty? We didn't think it would hurt him for this long. It's been two days..

It's just because he's human. When humans get hurt, it takes awhile for their wounds to heal. I'm sure he's.. Okay.

You... You hesitated.

.. I-Ignore that.

I heard a soft call from the bedroom. Must be Nico again. His ice probably melted, it's been awhile. I went upstairs and peeked into the bedroom. Nico was sitting, curled up in a ball on the bed. The feeling of guilt washed over me again.

"Yeah, Nico?" I stepped in a little further.

Nico pulled his ice pack again, touching the spot it was on. I walked over, kneeling on the bed and looking at the bandages.

"It stared bleeding again, didn't it?" He mumbled, his voice sounding raw. Was he crying again? I pulled away and looked at his face. His eyes were bloodshot. He has been crying.

This is our fault...

Will blinked, shaking Sol out of my head. I ran my finger gently over the red patch in the white bandage. "Yeah. Yeah, it has," I whispered back, biting my lips. Nico whimpered and my heart dropped into my stomach. "Make it stop.. Please?" He pleaded softly. He's trembling.

Goddamnit...

Sol was getting frustrated. He felt bad. He wasn't used to feeling guilty about anything. I could tell he was getting mad. That's one of the only feelings he's used to feeling. Maybe he's getting mad to try and comfort himself with something familiar? But who the hell was he mad at? ... That isn't even the first time I've asked myself that question.

Let.. Let us try something.

What?

It's.. Going to be kinda weird. But we need to so it while it's bleeding. If he doesn't like it, we won't. Just please.. Anything for him to stop.. Doing.. That.

Crying..?

Yes that!

I sighed. No one was hurting Nico so there was no one Sol could hurt. Maybe it wouldn't hurt. I closed my eyes, letting my wolf take control. This was the most gentle control taking we've ever had. Damn Nico. What are you doing to my wolf? Keep it up.

Sol's POV (Yaaay~)

We had an idea how to help. We weren't sure if it would work, but it was worth a shot. If our mate doesn't like it.. We'll just have to change the bandages. We gently peeled back the blankets, revealing the bite. Blood was still oozing from it yet the puncture wounds from our teeth had shrunk and formed into a circle. The edges were turning black. The "mark" itself was showing.

"Okay.. We're going to-"

"Sol?" Angel croaked.

"Yes Angel. Please listen. We're going to do something. Tell us if you don't feel comfortable, okay? We'll stop," We spoke gently, watching as he turned his head slightly at peer nervously at me before turning it back and nodding.

We leaned forward, one hand tugging down his shirt to reveal the wound and the other resting on his forearm. We pressed our lips again it and Angel gasped. His blood pressed against our lips, making us want to recoil with disgust and gag. The taste of his blood made us want to vomit. Taking a breath through our nose, we stuck our tongue out and ran it across the wound. Again, terrible tasting blood.

Angel let out a small squeak at this, shivering. We pulled back and examined the wound now. The blood was gone and the only evidence that there was a wound was four white dots on his neck and a thin line that connected each into two groups of two. We wiped our saliva away gently and pulled Angel back a bit to look at his face. He looked.. Okay.

"Does it still hurt?" We asked softly, smiling in relief as he shook his head and mumbled a small "no". "Sorry if that was uncomfortable.."

Angel shook his head and lunged forward, clinging to our torso in a tight hug. We tensed, surprise by the sudden affectionate contact but slowly wrapped our arms around him again. Angel curled up on our lap, burying his face in the crook of our neck. It suddenly got very hot in the room. We didn't really mind.

That.. Was weird. But thank you for doing it.

Anything to get him to stop crying...

We held him as we allowed Will to take control again. He's alright. Our mate is alright. Thank god.

This hugging session definitely helps with the guilt...