Chapter Thirty-Six: Fun

Will's POV

Autumn's a strange season. It made death look so.. Beautiful. That's what autumn was all about. Like the Mother Nature was trying to give the earth one last stroke of beauty before everything died in the long and harsh months of winter. How could something so beauty have such a.. Dark meaning. The beauty was only the earth's last chance to look as alive as it could before everything died. Like how before someone dies of old age, they have this brust of energy. They talk, they joke, they laugh, they even eat. But.. Once that's over.. It's over. Autumn was like that. It was the Earth's finally brust of energy before the Fates took their toll.

Autumn still was fun. It was always nice to see the pups running around in the fallen leaves and chasing squirrels that were trying to prepare for the cold months ahead. And now that Nico was here, it was a bit more enjoyable. Because he was just like the pups and joining him on the childish fun would no longer look weird since I could noq just say Nico forced me. It's a win win!

Another thing that's weird about Nico is that he keeps talking.about this thing called "Halloween". He once cut eyeholes into a white sheet and walked around with it over his head while going "Oooooo~!" He's so unbelievably cute, even if I had no idea what he was doing. He made one for me and for that whole day we walked around with sheets on our heads. When I finally asked what the point of this was, he looked at me like I was stupid. I'm not stupid. (I couldn't resist.)

Nico finally did explain what Halloween was. I don't get it. Why would humans want to pretend to be monsters and such? To scare demons away? How does that work? And people just hand out free food for being dressed in that ridiculous way?! Humans are so confusing. But Nico seemed really excited about it so I let him walk around as his sheet creature.

The pups heard of this "Halloween" too and now they are walking around with sheets on their heads too. Just wonderful. At least Nico seems amused by it.

"Are you sure we're Halloween-ing right?" I mumbled, the sheet only going down to my knees. Nico's covered his feet and then some. Curse him for being tiny and curse me for not having longer bed sheets. Nico giggled, by fair the most beautiful thing a guy could hear. For me at least. "Don't say it like that," he snickered. "But yes. You're doing it fine. I wish we had candy here.."

I hummed in thought, pulling the sheet from over my head. The freedom didn't last long since Nico gave me a look through the sheet holes and I couldn't bring myself to make him upset after seeing him so bubbly for the past few days. So I put it back on. "Um.. Can we make candy?"

"Only factories make candy." "Then let's get a factory!" "Will no! That's not how it works!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candy Apples. That was something Nico brought up. It had the word "candy" in it, so why not? All it took was some caramel and an apple. And a stick. Easy enough. Making caramel.. that was hard. I tasted some. It was way too sweet but Nico looked like he was in Heaven. Have you ever been jealous of a kind of food? ... Me neither!

We made a lot of Candy Apples. And we basically fed the whole pack. It was a strange sight. A bunch of grown men and women, kids too of course, walking around with sheets and eating apples covered in caramel. But hey.

It was fun.

Within the Forest (Werewolf Solangelo AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें