Chapter Six: Talkative Wolf

( When you see this text, it is Will speaking to Sol through mind link. You already know what Sol's looks like. )

Will's POV

I continued to joke around with my friends, Sol continuing to make my mind wander back to our mate. It was extremely annoying. It might be weird to say this, but I really didn't want to think of my mate at that moment. It made me thinks thoughts that scared me. I didn't want that. I wanted to act normal. After that dream, I just can't.

Why do we think we can't act normal?! We just saw our mate and he was hurt! We need to find the son of a-

Sol, enough! Please. I know you're worried about our mate, so am I. But we can't deal with that now! Let's just worry about making it through the day. Please?

But what if our mate arrives in the forest tonight? We won't be there to help him!

You need to trust me Sol. Our mate will be fine-

Fine? FINE?! What do you mean FINE?! He's human and in the forest ALONE! He could die!

Ok! Ok ok ok. I get it. Just please calm down. Please just.. Trust me?

...............

Sol-

"WILLIAM LUNAR SOLACE!"

I jumped out of my skin as Lou Ellen screamed my full name in my face. I didn't even know she was there.

"Ok, one. Never, EVER, call me buy my full name. EVER! We talked about this. And two. What?" I grumbled, glaring at her.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Well after calling you by the name you prefer about five zillion times, what else did you expect me to do? You've been staring off into nothing with your eyes glazed over for what felt like hours. What's up with you today?" She asked, her voice going from sarcastic to concerned in a matter of minutes.

I shook my head, sighing.

What's wrong Will? Got our head in the clouds?

I growled softly at him, rolling my eyes. He's getting genuinely annoying. He won't stop muttering about our mate and forcing me into his thoughts most of the time as well. It's really hard to act normal when you get into an argument with your wolf that leaves you roaming blindly, looking like your minds stuck in the clouds. I really wanted to think about my mate and where he is, but there was a time and place for that. Out in the middle of camp with your friends? Not the ideal spot for pondering.

"I'm sorry guys. I'm.. Just really distracted today. I'm going back home. See you later?" I told them tiredly, walking away from either of them could answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself laying in my bed, where this all had started. I let my mind wander back to my mate again. His damp clothing. His dark hair and pale skin. How thin he looked from where I was standing. How he looked as if he was running from something (or someone). The smell of tap water and blood, which gave me chills. And worst of all, the smell of a different human male.

That smell. Why was the smell of a different male on my mate?! Maybe it's because he's human. Maybe he's been around other human males. Or.. Maybe he had a human partner-

No! No, we refuse to think like that.

You know very well that could be the answer. That's most likely how humans work. They don't have mates. They choose who they be with.

That's ridiculous. What if the human never finds a partner? Then what? They die alone and never have a family? What a waste of a life.

Hey. If that's how humans work, we can't judge.

What if this "human partner" was why our mate was harmed? We're going to hunt that little-

Sol. Seriously. Enough. Let's wait until we find our mate first, eh? Then we can find whoever hurt him. And kill him. But our mate can't know. Unless he tells us to kill him. Deal?

I won't say I'll wait for our mate's permission. But other then that, deal.

I laid in silence and listened to the small creeks and groans the house made. When I ran up here, I didn't see who was here or not. I'm sure my parents were still here. I closed my eyes, enjoying the bliss of peace and quiet. For a moment. Until Sol spoke up.

Hey... Our mate isn't going to be.. Afraid of us.. Right?

I froze, rethinking what Sol had said. Our mate was a human that most likely didn't know what werewolves were. When we meet (or if we meet), would he be afraid? The thought of that hurt. A lot. He would have every right to be afraid. I'm sure my species aren't supposed to exist for him. Then he finds out he is spiritual connection with some mythical creature. If it were me, I'd be terrified.

I.. I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not sure..

We both went silent again. Now that I was thinking about it, how is my pack going to react to me having a human mate. I mean, I wasn't going to leave him just for being human. Definitely not. But I didn't want to be rejected. No one even knows I'm gay. Except my mother. Every time I ask how she knew before I even attempted it she said, "A mother always knows." Creepy.

When do you think we'll find our mate?

I smirked to myself.

My my. Aren't you a talkative wolf today....