Chapter Fifty-Seven: The right guy

Nico's POV

First things first, heating sucks. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Lou did come and help sometimes, most of the help was talking to me to distract me. Either that or we both see how much water we could drink at once. It was pretty fun when Lou was hear. But when she wasn't, Will sat outside the door for as long as he could take. He's been able to force himself to stay longer, leaving just to calm himself before coming back. Even if he wasn't really doing much, the fact that he was still there and that I could hear his voice did somewhat help.

There was a time when Will didn't come back for awhile. Like, all day. I didn't know what he was doing. Not even Lou came by. No one did. I just laid in bed until my heat took over. Then I got up. The heat's been alright so far. It's almost less painful. I can stand up and walk around, which is pretty helpful.

I've always felt so weird later. The feeling started a little bit during first day I was in the East pack. Before Luke came. When I asked Lou about it, she just blushed and told me to shower whenever that feeling came. I never brought myself to press more on the matter. Maybe I'll ask her when she comes back.

If she comes back.

I pulled my clothes off, wincing at the gross feeling that washed over my lower body. I stepped into the shower and turned on the water. I let the warmth wash over me until.. It happened again. My heat hit me like a kick to the gut. I cried out and stumbled, only to end up on the floor of the shower. Great.

"I hate this," I whimpered, pulling my knees to my chest and burying my face in my knees. "I hate this. I hate this so much. So so much."

I don't know how long I sat in the shower, under the running water. Well, must have been long since when I managed to stand up the water was freezing. I got out, wrapped myself in the biggest towel I could find, and left the bathroom. Then I heard it.

"Nico? You in there?" Will?

"Will?" I voiced my thoughts out loud, walking towards the door. He wasn't coming it, plus I had the towel. "Where did you go?"

Will hesitated before speaking again. "To finally do something I needed to do for a long time."

"Which is?"

".... Was the guy who.. You know.. Was his name Luke?"

I froze. How did he know? Did he find him? What did Luke tell him? I almost fainted. I just leaned against the door, gripping my towel for dear life. "Yes.."

"I don't believe you would.. Ask for this to happen. I don't believe that for a second. I know you didn't want this. Okay? It's not your fault."

Tears ran down my face and I didn't stop them. I slid into the all too familiar position I often was when Will was behind the door. I already knew Will didn't blame me.. But hearing him say that.. I tried so hard not to cry.

"Are you sure his name was Luke? Blonde hair? Blue eyes? Scar on his face?" Will asked again.

"Yes. Why?" I asked softly, trying to hide my tears by making my voice sound somewhat steady. I could almost hear the triumphant-ness in his voice when he spoke again.

"Then I killed the right guy...."