Chapter 28

Jade POV

The summer is here! Zoe, Luny, Derrika, Shampoo and Drew all graduated. But me, I'm about to be a junior.

I packed my last luggage for my big move. I decided I was gone stay in Brooklyn for the summer. I need to get to know my dad, I mean Spikey. Plus I can hang with my old crew.

"Is that it?" Percy asked. I gave the last luggage to Drew so he can put in the car.

"Sure." I said with tears forming in my eyes. I got to think about the pros of going to Brooklyn. Ain't shit in Inglewood for me. Drew don't even want to make me and him official. I ain't got time for lil boy games.

Then Zoe and Luny are going to UCLA. Poor Bobby gone beat her on every corner once he finds out she got another dude there. Then Percy works day and night so I barely see him.

"I'm gone miss you." Percy kissed my forehead.

"It's only two months. I promise to come back in one piece." I told him.

"Two months too long. I hope you have fun." He hugged me.

I strapped Carter in the car seat. Drew just leaned against the car.

"Try to stay out of trouble." I begged.

"No promises." He said with a straight face. I shook my head and got in the car. I pulled off without looking back. We soon got seated on our plane and it took off.

*

*

*

*

*

I pulled up to the house I remember Spikey told me. He was standing outside with a smile on his face.

"So you came." He said as I got out. He got my luggages. I just got Car. We got situated and was chilling in the den.

"I got somebody I want you to meet." He told me.

"K." I placed a sleeping Carter on the other couch. When I looked up a tall brown skinned woman stood in the doorway. She had honey blonde curls that stopped at her shoulders and they matched her eyes. Her figure was pretty. I mean she had no titties but her butt and hips made up for it. Her big full lips formed a smile.

"Jade, this is my wife Korie. Korie, this is my daughter Jade."

Wife

I have never known Spikey to wife a bitch. I guess you learn something new everyday.

"Hey." Her southern accent came out.

"Sup." I said dryly.

"Is this your cute little baby?" She said while picking Carter up. Now when she wake up crying I hope she know she gone be the one to put her back to sleep.

"Yes. Her name is Carter." I said proudly.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl." She sat on the couch and rocked Car in her arms.

"Yelp. She made me a Grandaddy." Spikey smirked at Car. You could tell he wanted to hold her so badly.

"You can hold her." I told him while flipping through the channels. It's boring as fuck here! I may just grab my ball and hit up the court.

Spikey held her in his arms. I ain't gone lie that did make me smile. To see my biological father hold my daughter warmed my heart.

"I'm going to the court." I told them. They ignored me and kept playing with Car.