Chapter 5

Jade POV

I balled my fist up and I could feel my blood boiling.

"What you just say?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Percy ain't what you think he is. That nigga is King of these streets." Drew nodded.

"Shut up! No he not!" I yelled.

"Lets go Drew." Shampoo mumbled.

"Yea go!" I snapped.

"You don't need me to walk you home?" Drew asked calmly.

"Naw! I got this!" I turned to walk away. I exited the court and hit the sidewalk. I really don't like it here anymore. I rather be in Brooklyn chilling on my porch with Dana, Moe, and Killa. Screw this town! And who are they to tell ME what MY step daddy doing?!

"Hey new girl." I heard a familiar voice. I looked to my right at the houses and saw Luny sitting on the porch with Bobby. I walked over to them.

"Hey Luny." I looked at the house. It wasn't the best but it wasn't bad looking.

"This your crib?" I asked.

"Nope this Bobby's." She leaned over and kissed him. I just stared at him.

"I'm ready to go home." I admitted.

"You can walk home." Luny laughed.

"No I'm saying back to Brooklyn." I admitted.

"Aww you just ain't got used to this spot yet. Trust me once you stay long enough you will be in for it!" She smirked. I really don't know what she meant by that. And I really don't care to know.

"I see you around with them punks Drew and Shampoo." Bobby's deep voice rang sending chills down my body.

"And..." Was I actually defending them fools after they just lied like my step daddy was a drug lord.

"I think what he means is they are no good." Luny corrected.

"I know what the fuck I meant!" He snapped at Luny.

"Shut up Bobby!" Luny pushed him off her. He struck her one good time across the face. I flenched a little. It seemed not to have affected her though.

"I should go?" I said more as a question.

"Stay." Luny begged.

"Leave!" Bobby growled. I gave Luny a sympathetic look as I bagged away. I turned completely around and fast walked down the sidewalk. I didn't want to leave Luny but I am just too damn scared of Bobby. I could hear them yelling at each other in the faint distance.

Who are they to tell me who and what MY step daddy is?!

Are they that dumb?!

But then what if he is in the drug game? I just hope he not one of those type that are violent with theirs. I would hate for the police to kick our door in and arrest both of us. Nahhh. I know Percy better than that. He wouldn't lie about something that big to me.

Drew POV

That girl can be a little naive. I know Percy. That nigga be passing that rock out to all these young niggas. That's who everybody used to go to in Brooklyn to see. Now its more convenient because he is in Inglewood. I just wish he would have at least told Jade. She deserves to know.

I walked into my crib and saw Zoe lying on the couch with her feet propped up on the arm of the couch.

"Where you been?" Her eyes never left the TV. She was watching Spongebob. She act like this bad girl in public but she really just a big kid.