Chapter 13

Jade POV

"Pick up the pace!" Zoe yelled. Sweat dropped from my forehead as I stopped to catch my breath. I fell helplessly to my knees.

"Get up." Derrika stopped next to me and got me off my knees.

"Do you two want to run an extra 2 miles?" Zoe came up beside us.

"I...I can't...I can't breathe." I said In between breaths.

"Well why are you out here if you can't handle this hot Cali heat?! I knew you was just a lil scrub that wanted to be a part of something. You ain't no ball player!" She snapped. I wanted to grab her by those box braids and run her face on this concrete. She been bitchy with me since me and her brother stopped talking. Moe, Dana, and Killa leave in about a week. They leaving me in Inglewood with these hypocrites. I promise I will miss them. I stood up straight once I caught my breath.

"What if I fell dead because I was having a asthma attach?!" I snapped at Zoe.

"Then I would have called 911. Until I see you turn purple you will run this next mile!" She snapped.

"Stop it you two." Derrika begged.

"I can't believe I have been taking your bullshit for a month now." I admitted.

"Quit then." She smirked.

"This pitiful team needs me!" I laughed.

"That's it. Turn your jersey in to Tia and you don't have to come back." She said. I dug into my duffel and pulled out the jersey and threw it on the ground.

"My pleasure." I flipped my hair and walked off. I don't need this booty ass team. I don't even need Zoe. I started walking down the sidewalk and called my friends to meet me. I turned the corner and saw them standing there looking all suspicious.

"Naw. Y'all can't be looking like y'all stole something." I laughed.

"How was practice?" Moe threw her arms over my shoulder as we started walking to my house.

"I got put off the team. I'm not gone deal with Zoe talking to me like I'm five." I said with all honesty.

"Don't they got a game this afternoon?" Dana asked.

"Yea y'all wanna go?" I asked.

"Yea cause I want to meet some Inglewood dick, girl." Moe smirked.

"Don't get yo ass beat." Killa mumbled.

"You like basketball though." Dana said.

"Fuck them. I got more stuff to worry about." I said.

*

*

*

*

I stepped out my room and joined my friend downstairs. I had showered and put on some skinny jeans, aero shirt, and Jordan's. Percy let me get his car so we could go to the basketball game.

"Y'all ready to go?" I asked.

"Yea lets stop by the store first. I want some snacks. I refuse to pay for them high ass snacks at the game." Moe said.

"Stop being cheep hoe." I said.

"Who finna pay 1.50 for a pack of skittles?!" She laughed. We all got in the car. Killa sat in the passenger side. I sped down the street. My phone vibrated in the cup holder. I put it on speaker.

"Hello." I answered.

"You playing tonight right?" Shampoo asked. He probably the only one that still talk to me.