Chapter 24

Jade POV

"Stay with me Jade."

"Daddy's here baby girl."

"Come on now. You my homegirl! Wake up!"

All I heard was familiar voices. My eyes slowly flickered open to a room full of people I loved.

"I thought you was dead." Killa said. Ms. King shoved him in the side.

"Percy what happened?" I sat up.

"You came extremely close to having a miscarriage." He said.

"Luckily god was with you child!" Ms. King said while fanning herself.

Am I wrong because I wish I did have a miscarriage? Maybe then I would be a tad bit happier. Only time will tell where this shitty life takes me!

*

*

*

*

~9 months later~

I lied in bed with Drew and baby Carter. She is the best thing to ever happen to me. Even though she is only 3 weeks old I think the world of her. Mr. Harris has her a lot often. It creeps me out at how my daughter had to look at her life. Her mom was rape by a grown ass man!

"What's on your mind Jade?" Drew brought me out my thoughts. But before I could answer Carter started crying.

I got up and fixed her a bottle. When I came back Drew was holding her in his arms.

"Feed her while I take a shower." I handed him the bottle.

"Where you going?" He frowned.

"We do have school. It's only a month left Mr. Senior." I smirked. He shook his head and continued feeding her.

I walked into the bathroom and undressed completely. To just have had a baby my figure wasn't as bad as some girls at our school. To be real I could wear a crop top, but I still have stretch marks.

I put my hair in a sloppy bun and got in the shower. I scrubbed myself clean and got out. Percy would kill me if he knew I had Drew at the house. But I needed someone to help me with Carter.

I came out and found them fast asleep on the bed. I quietly got dressed. I put on my ripped skinny jeans, Jordan t shirt, fire red 5's, and my nerd glasses. I tied my hair in a neat bun. I fixed Carter's bag so I could drop her off at daycare.

"Drew get up!" I yelled causing him and Carter to jump. She burst out in tears. I scooped her up into my arms and soothed her with my soft singing.

"Damn J." He rubbed his face.

I grabbed Carter's diaper bag and my phone. We left out and got in Drew's car. Im glad Percy stayed out late with his homies. We dropped Carter off and went to his house. We walked in and saw Zoe sitting on the couch with her arms and legs crossed.

"Girl who didn't dick you down last night." I joked.

"Shut up J. I'm mad." She pouted like a little kid.

"My bad." I threw my hands up in defense. Drew shook his head and went to his room to shower.

"Zoe, you and Drew lock up the house before y'all leave. Hey Jade, how is the baby?" Their mom smiled at me.

"She's fine." I smiled.

"That's good." She said before leaving out. As she walked out Derricka and Shampoo walked in.

"La familia!" Shampoo said plopping down next to me.

"Where is Car?" Derricka asked.

"Daycare." I said. I watched as Zoe sat stiffly in the couch still pouting.