The Lavery Twins - Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

And I did it. Woo hoo.

"Oh my god," I grinned excitedly. "I'm so strong!"

Matt chuckled. "Okay, we should head back now. Do you think this is enough?"

I nodded, looking at the wood in Matt's arms. I had no clue how long everyone wanted the fire to be, but we could always make another trip. I could feel my arms getting tired already, and the wood started to feel heavier and heavier, so I blinked and hurried back to the fire pit. Matt stayed next to me, not struggling with anything at all. Man, his life is so good right now.

The tent was up already, and I felt my jaw hang open as I stared at it in disbelief. Holy shizznit, that thing's huge. It was black and grey, and it was very wide. It looked very....expensive.

"Amber," I called as I set the wood down on the grass. I wiped the wood dust on my pants. "Is that your tent?"

"Nah," Amber smirked, and nudged Rachel. "It's Jack's."

I raised my eyebrows, and walked over to the tent. "How much was this thing, Rachel?"

"I think around two hundred."

"Dollars?" I looked at her in shock. Ally laughed.

"No, Holly," she chimed in, "Two hundred cents. Ya dumbass." When I glared at Ally, she gave me a smile and blew me a kiss. I chuckled.

"I think it's hella worth it," Rachel commented, shrugging. "I mean, it could fit like five double sized air mattresses."

"That's actually alot," I said. All the tents my dad has ever had were average size, and only fit two doubles. Mattresses also take up alot of tent space, so if we didn't have any, and just used sleeping bags and blankets, we'd have alot of room.

"Shit," Matt hissed as he dropped the wood, and looked at his hands. Ally frowned teasingly at him, and crossed her legs on the chair.

"Aw, Mattycakes," she cooed amusingly. "Something wrong there?"

Matt clenched his fists and unclenched them, frowning at them. "I hurt my hands."

Ally burst out laughing, and Matt shot her a glare. "Sorry," she laughed.

"I don't see how that would be funny," Matt scowled, going to plant himself down on a chair when Shane casually walked by and moved it away. Matt missed the chair and fell on the grass right on his back.

"What the fvck Shane?" Matt snapped at his brother as Shane walked away, smirking at me. My eyes followed him in amusement, watching as Shane went to the cabin.

This time Ally (and pretty much everyone else) were bursting out in laughter. Matt just layed there, covering his face. A part of me wanted to laugh too, and believe me - i had to use every strength in my body to not burst out laughing like the others.

"Okay," Matt finally said, and got up, wincing at the pain in his hands. He looked at me, and raised an eyebrow. "You could have told me the chair wasn't there, you know."

I shrugged. "Yeah, I could have."

Ally laughed again, obviously finding this little show entertaining. Matt furrowed his eyebrows at me. "I could have died."

"What, you fell on the grass. The worst that could have happened was dog shit being there."

Matt's eyes widened in amusement, and looked around at everyone, who was doing their own thing and decided to let us be.

"Is everyone out to get me or something?" Matt smirked, but I did not miss the glint of worry in his eyes.

I grinned. "The whole world is out to get you, Matthew. Just deal with it."