Chapter 40- The Beginning

I felt less than trash.

Less than the trash I huddled over. Over the white sheets that Jeremiah and I had sex not love, just sex on.

I contemplated to burn the sheets and throw him in the fire.

If I had the strength in me.

My knees were beginning to hurt and turn red. I probably looked terrible more than I already was before.

I felt his warm hands touch my bare shoulders and I almost shuddered.

Almost

"Take your hands off me." I attempted to sound threaten but I only looked weak with tears in my eyes and the flush that surrounded my face.

"Destiny, listen to me."

"I've heard enough." I whispered out and moved slightly to take his hands off me. "Believe me, I did."

I took hold of the small trash can and wobbly stood up. I didn't take a glance to look at him when I shouldered pass.

"Just save the explanation and leave." I said walking out my room door and down the stairs.

I heard footsteps right behind me and only felt how close he was.

Leave me the fuck alone..

You weren't saying that earlier. My subconscious picked her nails and depressingly sunk in her cushioned chair.

I flew open the back door and harshly shut it before he can slip through.

I heard him curse before the door had shut but only minutes later, it reopened.

"Stop acting like this Des."

"Don't call me that." I forcefully yanked the sheets out the small can and discarded them into the bigger trash.

"Are you serious?" His eyes narrowed.

"Does it look like some game to you Jeremiah? I'm not fucking around with you." I swiveled around and nearly lost my balance from the rocks and how close he was.

I placed my empty hand at the middle of his bare chest and stared at him in the eye. I pushed him back and dropped my arm.

The scratch marks on his chest only made me reminisce the mistake I did more than an hour ago.

I cocked my head and thought for a minute.

This is what he's planned since the beginning.

You weren't special.

I swallowed the pain in my throat and blinked the tears away.

Such an idiot, I was.

The sun was setting and casting my shadow amongst him. Half of his face was shadowed. Jeremiah's crystal eyes caught the sun and twinkled at me.

His hair begged to be played with. He had bed hair. Sex hair.

I bit my bottom lip so much that it hurt. My hand slightly lifted on its own account and I played it off to push my wet hair back. His pink lips parted and the furrow between his brows deepened. Jeremiah's hand palmed my cheek. He stepped closer and kicked rocks towards me in the process. They bit into my skin but it hurt more for him to touch me.

Stop.

I dropped the can on the floor because of how lost in thought I was.

He palmed the other side of my face with his opposite hand and invaded my personal space. His eyes flickered from my eyes and mouth so often and I didn't know what to do.