I'm Not Changing My Doctor.

Ian POV

We are still in the diner waiting for our food. Hazel is at the counter talking to one of the waitresses. I look at Aaron, "Why do you want a puppy? You do know you have to take great care of them, right?"

He nods his head, "Yeah I know, I just want some company." Hazel comes back to sit down, "It's going to take our food some time to get here. He has other people orders in front of us." I nod my head, "We went to his new school and he fell in love with his new class and teacher. He didn't even look at the ground once, he kept his head held high."

I look at Aaron and smile, "You remembered what I told you?" He nods his head, "Yeah, you told me to keep my head up. Looking down makes me look weak." I hold my hand up and he hits it.

"He has a nice young teacher, the principal told me there is never a dull moment in his class." I can tell by the way Hazel is talking that she is excited for Aaron to go to school. Her smile brightens her eyes up, "You're really excited for him, aren't you?"

Her smile falls a little, "Yeah, you probably don't want to hear me talk about it." I shake my head, "I actually do, this has been the longest we talked to each other. I'm actually glad that we're talking."

She lets out a soft laugh, "What did y'all do at Underground?" Before I could answer her question, Aaron beats me to it. "He showed me around! Mom, did you know Ian used to be a fighter?! I watched his videos, I even watched Owen old ones!"

Hazel looks at me with wide eyes, I hold my hands up, "I showed him the less gruesome ones." She shrugs her shoulders, "I'm not mad, what else did you show him?" A waitress comes by and sets our food in front of us, "He met some of the fighters and they taught him a few things."

She looks at me with something in her eyes, "How does the food taste? Taste the same from five years ago?" I take a bite of my burger and groan in pleasure.

"It tastes exactly the same. Don't you have a different cook?" She nods her head, "We taught the new cook all the recipes, so it will taste just as good as the old cook." I look over at Aaron and see him stuffing his mouth.

Hazel clears her throat, "Aaron you can get a puppy if you pass your first test." Aaron looks at Hazel with wide eyes, "Really?! I'll make sure I get a good grade!" He goes back to eating and we finish our food.

An hour later we are done eating. "Thank you for taking care of Aaron at the last minute. I know Owen didn't care for him." I let out a soft laugh, "You're welcome, I actually had a good time with him."

She takes Aaron hand and heads off to her car. Her and Aaron both wave at me as they get in the car. I watch as they drive off, "After today I can't just be acquaintances." I say to myself as I walk to my car.

Next Day

I am being woken up by Hannah, "Ian, wake up! We need to talk." I slowly open my eyes and look at Hannah. I close my eyes and sigh, "What exactly do we need to talk about? Is it that important that you had to wake me up?" She plucks my forehead and I open my eyes, "Okay, I'm up! Let me go brush my teeth real quick."

I get out of the bed and walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and come back out. "I'm done! Now, what exactly do you need to talk about?" She gets from under the cover, "Why didn't you tell me that Hazel is your doctor?" I groan in annoyance, "Not this again, I already told you yesterday. I didn't know she was the doctor of that place."

She hits the bed and looks at me, "Why didn't you just go to another doctor? I know that place have more than one doctor." I sit down on the bed, "The other doctors deal with more serious patients."