IHOP!

Ian POV

I wake up earlier than usual. I go to the bathroom and do my morning routine. I grab my keys and head to Hazel place.

When I arrive I see Owen outside. I get out of the car and walk up to him. "What's up Ian? What're you doing here?" We do our handshake, "I'm here to take Hazel and Aaron to the police station. I see your furniture came in."

He claps his hands and smile, "Yep and Kayla coming over. This day just can't get any better." I arch my eyebrow, "How is it between y'all?" He shrugs his shoulders, "Nothing has really been happening since we've been busy at Underground."

Before I could say anything a car pulls up and Kayla gets out. I look at Owen and see him getting nervous. I start laughing, "I'm going to go ahead to Hazel and you can have your fun."

Owen reaches for me and starts stuttering, "W-w-wait, d-d-don't leave me b-by myself!" He whisper-yells, I walk away and laugh and he looks at me with desperate eyes.

I walk in the elevator and head to Hazel door. I knock on the door and no one comes to the door. I call Owen, "Where's Hazel?" I look around and he laughs into the phone, "She's probably still asleep. Haha, now you have to come down here and get the key from me."

I twist the doorknob and the door opens, "No I don't, the door is unlocked."

"What?! I thought I locked it!!" I hang up on him and walk in. I go to her room and see her and Aaron asleep. Hazel is hugging a sleeping Aaron. I smile at the scene in front of me and walk to Hazel side of the bed and bend down beside her. I shake her lightly and she groans, "Hazel, wake up, we have to go to the police station."

She gets under the covers and I let my head fall with a long sigh, "If you don't wake up, I won't treat you to breakfast." She peeps from under the blanket with sleepy eyes, "Do I get to choose the place?" I let out a soft laugh and nod my head, "Yes you get to choose the place."

She sits up and Aaron lays his head on her lap. I look at Aaron and he is looking straight ahead, "How are you feeling Aaron?" He looks at me and shows me a thumbs up. I look at Hazel and she rubs the rest of her sleep off her face, "The most he will do will look me in the eyes and talk to me through small actions. He's probably still in shock or he just scared at what could happen."

I stand up and sit on the bed, "Let's just wait and see what happens. Now you two get dress and ready so we can leave." Aaron sits up and rubs his eyes. He gets off the bed and goes to his suitcase and get some clothes out.

He walks in the bathroom and cracks the door, "I'm right here, don't worry about anything." Hazel says as she walks in her closet. I lay across the bed, "If he has other family around he will most likely go to live with them."

She comes out of the closet with some jeans and a long sleeve shirt on. "Hopefully there's someone out there for him." She says as she walks to the bathroom. Aaron comes out and Hazel walks in. He sits on the bed, "After we leave the station we're going to get something to eat. You can get whatever you want." He nods his head and plays with his hands.

I sit up and look at his back, "When was the last time you cried?" Hazel comes out when I asked him the question. His silence made me think of the worse answer, "Aaron, did your dad beat you for crying?" He slowly nods his head and I run my hand through my hair.

I stand up, "Let's go before I lose my mind." They both follow me out and towards my car. "What did you tell them when you got there?" I look at Hazel and then back at the road, "I told her the address and said that there is an unconscious man who beats on his child."

She looks at me with shock fill eyes and I shrug my shoulders. We get to the station and the same woman from last night is at the desk. She looks at me and smile, she looks at Hazel and Aaron, "Is this the little boy?" I nod my head and she takes us to a room.

"You little shit!! How could you do this to me?! I've been with you since your mother left us!!" Aaron father comes out of nowhere yelling. Aaron steps behind me and I look at the man, "You've done nothing, but hurt him." He looks at me and let out a heartless laugh, "Where is he going to go?! He has nobody else but me! Looks like his ass is going to be in an orphanage!!"

Before I could say anything the woman makes us go in the room. We sit down at the table and she sits in front of us, "Aaron, how long has this been happening?" He holds up the number four on his hand, "Four years?" He nods his head and I throw my head back.

She continues to ask him questions. After five minutes of questions, she asks Aaron one more question, "Do have any other family that will take you in?" Aaron shakes his head slowly and the woman lets out a sigh as she writes his answer down.

She looks at me and Hazel, "Since he doesn't have any family he will have to get put into foster care." My eyes widen and Hazel shakes her head, "No! He can't go in foster care! There's gotta be someone who can take him in!"

The woman looks at Hazel with a sad look, "I look up his family and call them. No one said they would take him in. I asked him to see if he knows anyone." She closes her notebook and laptop and sits back in her chair.

I look at Hazel and see all types of emotions running through her eyes. "How about I take him in? He can stay with me, I can take care of him." The officer sits up, "Are you sure you want to take him in? You have to go through ten minutes worth of paperwork and I will have to ask you some questions and do a background check."

Hazel nods her head quickly, "I don't care how long it will take! I will take him in, he will not be in foster care he will be under my care." The woman stands up, "Okay come with me. We'll be right back." They walk out of the room and I look at Aaron.

"Stop looking down, that makes you seem like a weak person. You don't want to be weak, you want to be strong." He continues to look down, "Aaron, look at me." He slowly looks at me, I look at his eyes and smile.

It takes Hazel thirty minutes to finally come back. They sit back down and the woman looks at Aaron and smile, "Aaron you have a new home and a new guardian. You don't have to worry about your dad anymore." Aaron doesn't say anything but continues to look at his hands.

I look at the woman, "Can you leave us in here for a minute?" She nods her head and walks out, she closes the door behind her.

"Aaron look at me." He looks at me slowly and I see a tear. "You're crying." His eyes widen and he tries to wipe it away. I grab his arms, "Cry. Let it out. Let out all the pain you've been through and the happiness that is happening to you right now."

The tears start falling and he cries loudly, "Ah!! Ahhhhhh!! Ah!! Ahhhhhh!!!" I smile at him and he continues to cry loudly. I look at Hazel and she is staring at me.

I look back at Aaron, "Don't hold nothing in anymore. If you're happy, show it, if you're mad show it. Show and tell what you feel for now on. You don't have to worry about crying, plus your new guardian is a crybaby herself." Hazel kicks my leg and I laugh.

He looks up at me and smile, my eyes widen in shock. "You told me to show my feelings." Hazel hands him a tissue and he wipes his face.

I stand up and sigh, "Now let's get us some breakfast." We walk to my car, before driving off I look at Hazel, "Where do you wanna go?"

She looks at me and smiles, "I want IHOP." I pull out of the parking lot, "IHOP it is." I look at Aaron through the rearview mirror and see him smiling.

We arrive at IHOP ten minutes later. We walk in and a man around my age smiles at us. He takes us to our table and we order our drinks. I look at Aaron, "You can order anything you want." He nods his head and looks through the menu.

"Aaron we're going to go shopping for some clothes and shoes. Also some school supplies and things for your room." Aaron looks at Hazel, "When do I go back to school?"

"I'm going to go to the closest school and enroll you there. Hopefully soon, I don't want you home doing nothing when I'm at work all day." The waiter comes back and takes our order.

Our food comes twenty minutes later. I look at my phone and see that I got a message from Hannah.

H- How's work going so far?

I-  I'm not at work today, I'm running a lot of errands today.

I didn't tell Hannah where I'm going exactly, but I didn't lie to her. I put my phone back in my pocket and look at Hazel, "I'm going shopping with y'all and I have to get something for Aaron before I go off somewhere else."