Chapter Two; Introductions

CHAPTER TWO; (Kasumi's POV)

    The first sailor we encounter scoffs and refuses to let me onto his ship. "You don't have to sail with me, you know. You should stay here and protect Lady Mizukage. I won't hate you for it." I say quietly. "I-I have orders from L-Lady Mei." I look into the mist I was named after as I lean over the ship's railing. "You'd be much more useful here. You have a choice, really. Your job as a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the MIst is to protect the village and those in it. Being out at sea and seeing me off isn't where you should be, Chojuro. You don't want to be here, anyway. Do us both a favor." I continue staring out at the water, my long hair blowing gently in the breeze. "I'll write her a note, if you'd like."

     He eventually leaves and I go on my way.

*

    The gates to the Leaf Village seemed intimidating, but I trek on. I'm halted at the gate by two guards. One has bandages across his nose and the other has hair covering his right eye. "Halt! State your name and business." I walk closer to them. The one with the hair covering his eye visibly flinches, presumably from the coldness in my eyes. I take off my backpack and pull out a scroll. I hand it the one with the bandages. "A Mist ninja transfer, huh. Your name is Kasumi, right?" I nod. I take my scroll when he hands it back. "The Hokage's mansion is straight ahead, it'll have Hokage written on it if you venture off." I nod again and take my leave.

      The mansion was immensely easy to find. I took note that the buildings here were oddly shaped. Nothing was cylindrical. I knock on the door. The eyes of the Hokage, and two other ninja's fall on me as I step inside. One is reasonably tan with a scar across his nose. Another looks rather bored and is reading a book that I had never heard of. "You must be Kasumi." I nod and step further into the room. "The Mizukage said nothing but good things about you." I nod again. "Please tell us a little about yourself," I clear my throat before speaking. "My chakra natures are ice and wind. I'm twenty-three, and I'm one of the two remaining Seven NInja Swordsmen of the Mist." The tan-skinned Shinobi's mouth gapes open. The other had closed his book and was now studying me and the Hokage is leaning his chin on his entwined fingers, with a thoughtful expression on his face.

      "You're an excellent shinobi, Kasumi. You not only passed your graduation exam under terrifying conditions, you also became a Shinobi at a very young age. You've been a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist for four years already. I believe you'll fit in fine here." He pauses, glancing at the bored-looking, white-haired man. "You will lead a team of three Genin as an assistant to Hatake Kakashi. If he or another Shinobi cannot lead their squad, you will as their substitute. They have already passed to be one of the three teams to remain as Genin and not return to the Academy. You will live with Kakashi here in his two-bedroom apartment." I process the information quickly and nod. "It was nice meeting you, Kasumi. If you need something, please feel free to speak with Kakashi or I."

      I walk next to Kakashi to his apartment. "Have you ever led a team before?" He questions me. "As their Sensei, not their team captain." He elaborates in a bored tone. I shake my head. "How old were you when you became a Jounin? I was thirteen myself." I glance at him from the corner of my eye. "Ten." I reply. His eye widens slightly before taking on its bored look again. "We're going to the training field so you can meet my-our team." He informs with a closed-eye smile directed at me. We approach a stone and three posts where two boys and a girl are sitting.

      I study their features. One has spiky blonde hair with clear blue eyes. The other male has raven-colored hair like I do, minus the blue tips and onyx eyes. The only female has pink hair with vibrant, green eyes. "Kakashi-Sensei you're late!" Cries the blonde and the girl. "Well as you can see, I had to collect Kasumi here." All eyes turn to me. The raven-haired boy was already staring at me though. "Woah, that's a really big sword!" The blonde yells, pointing at me. "Lets do what we did on the first day we met." Kakashi instructs.