"We're not just friends and you fucking know it." // Peter Parker

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

-

"So, you're just gonna leave without a 'goodbye'?" I smiled to myself, pulling my sweater over my head. "Who knew you were so sleazy."

"I've got exams in the morning that I haven't studied for, Parker." I glanced at my friend, Peter. He sighed, slipping his boxers back on and walking over to his dresser, pulling out a pair of sweats before putting those on, too. "Don't you have to study for finals too, Engineer Major?" He rolled his eyes, throwing me my shorts and walking over to the bathroom.

"I do, but, if you forgot, I'm a genius. You've known me since high school. We're second years now, you should know this." I laughed, shaking my head. I looked up after putting my shoes on and saw him leaning against the door of the bathroom. "You're actually leaving?" I looked at him confused – it's not like this was new. "I know it's not new." My eyes widened, realizing I had said that last part out loud. I shrugged. "It's just – doesn't this feel... different?" I gulped, looking at the front door and shrugging again; the air was growing thick and it was becoming uncomfortable.

"Pete," I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "we're just frien–"

"We're not just friends and you fucking know it." I groaned, I knew this conversation would come, I just expected it to be over one of our study days, not after one of our sleeping days.

"Peter, I don't want to talk about this. Not right now, anyway." I bent down, collecting my purse and my phone. I headed for his door but he rushed in front of me, blocking it. "Move it, Parker."

"No, we're fucking talking about this." I laughed humorlessly, dropping my backpack from my shoulder. "Why are you so against us talking about this?"

"Because, Peter! We have, we've talked about this. We promised no feelings, no relationship, no strings!"

"When the fuck has that ever worked? Are you going to tell me you don't feel anything for me? At all?" I looked at the door behind me, pursing my lips as I refused to answer. "Answer me!"

"I'm not doing this."

"Are you afraid?" I didn't say anything. "I think you're afraid." I groaned again, trying to get past him again.

"You don't fucking know me, then."

"I think you're just afraid to be happy because all of your other boyfriends treated you like shit. Stop blaming me for you having bad taste." I looked up at him, my mouth slightly open. His facial expression softened, shaking his head at himself. "N-no, that's not what I meant." I scoffed, shoving him out of my way – not that he fought against me this time.

"Bite me, Parker." I opened my door, pushing my way through the different bodies in the hallway, still partying outside of Peter's dorm room, the party Peter and I were at just a couple of hours ago before we decided to continue what we started in one of the bathrooms, in his room. What a fucking mistake that was.

"Wait!" I heard Peter behind me, causing me to scoff as I walked faster, making it outside before I felt his hand around my arm. I pulled it out of his grip, giving him a death glare.

"Fuck off, Peter!" I almost walked away, but knew my anger would eat away at me if I didn't say anything – so, I turned back around. "Where the fuck do you get off?" He looked at me confused. "You ditched me most of high school to be a super hero and didn't tell me about it until you almost died. Do you know how bad that fucking hurt me? I couldn't trust you, Peter!" He tried to calm me down by putting his hands on my shoulders but I pushed him off. "No!" I roughly wiped my eyes, not noticing I was crying until I started to sniffle.

"I get it," he whispered, looking around to see if anyone was listening. "I get why you might not be able to trust me fully, and I get that you worry about me – but, I couldn't put that on you. I couldn't – I couldn't let you worry about me. I loved you too much–"

"What?" He took a step away from me, looking at me and then looking at his feet. "Peter, you can't just fucking say that and then act like you didn't."

"It just came out... I mean, I meant it – I wanted it to come out in a better way though." He looked at me, his eyes glistening as he reached a hand out to me. "I know I don't deserve it – I don't deserve youchoose me."

"What?" He walked directly up to me, his hands on either side of my face.

"Choose me, please. I-I do, I do love you. I love you, I have since we were Sophomores. Just," he shook his head, tilting my face so my lips were closer to his. "Choose me." He whispered, pushing his lips on mine. I gasped, not expecting him to do anything. But, I didn't stop him, didn't push him away. I rested my hands on top of his, that were still holding my face, and kissed him back. He pulled away, keeping his forehead against mine. "Please," he whispered, "choose me."

"It'll always be you, Parker." He smiled, going in to kiss me again, but I pulled away, raising an eyebrow at him. "Sorry," he said, embarrassed, "you confessing your love to me turns me on." I could hear the teasing tone in his voice, causing me to shove him away from me. "Wait, what? Where are you going? Aren't you gonna help me out?!" I shook my head, walking back to my dorm room with a smile on my face.

"You deserve this one, Parker. Have fun in the shower – I heard cold water helps." I heard him groan, causing me to laugh.