Paper Girl // Harry Holland

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Harry x Reader

Request: could you please do a harry holland x reader where the reader is kinda like margo from paper towns and harry has been highkey crushing on her since forever?? lots of fluff please!! (btw i love your writing so much oml) 

Requested by: Anon

Note: i fuckin love paper towns so much and anyone who doesn't/doesn't like margo can fuckin fight me

-

He remembered the first day he met you. You had moved in across the street, you both were seven years old. The only friend he had was his brothers, his twin brother especially. He didn't feel like he'd ever need anyone else, and then you and your parents were knocking on his door with a pie and introducing themselves and you. You began inviting yourself into his life, slowly, but surely: inviting him on your bike rides, having your mother help you pack a picnic for you two and inviting him for sleepover's.

You were different – he hadn't had much experience with other people to compare you to, but his childhood, before you, was mild and routine. He watched you grow and, because of you, he grew up, too. Ever since he met you, his life looked more colorful, sounded louder and felt more... alive.

And then, as you two grew up, you grew apart. And it only made him love you more.

"Harry!" He pulled the covers farther up, covering his face. "We're gonna pretend like I didn't hear you groan? I know you're up, get up!" Harry felt the weight of his younger twin settling on top of him, growing annoyed from the incessant bouncing on top of his stomach. Harry threw his brother off, hearing the loud thud! that came from the impact, laughing until he heard his mother complaining about the noise from downstairs.

"Fuckin' idiot," Sam muttered, getting up with his hand cradling his head. "We're gonna be late for school, dickhead." Sam grabbed one of his brother's shirts for school and headed toward a bathroom to take a shower. Harry yawned, heading toward his dresser by the window. He looked out, seeing the sun out and the girl from across the street arguing with her mother again. You and your parents haven't gotten along for as long as he could remember. They were the picture-perfect family – or at least, they tried to be. But, according to them, they would never achieve that status with you as their front-runner and eldest.

"They're fighting again?" Harry looked behind him, not even realizing Tom had walked into the room. Harry looked back out the window, watching you get onto your bike and head off the opposite direction of school. Harry shrugged, turning around.

"Are you really that surprised?" Tom shook his head.

"I feel bad – for (Y/N), I mean. couldn't imagine having all that pressure on me." Harry nodded, looking back at the window wistfully. "You still like her?" Harry didn't have to turn around to give Tom a look – unlike his brother, Sam, Tom was genuinely curious about the nature of Harry's and the neighbors non-existent relationship. He nodded again, not seeing the uneasy, sympathetic smile on Tom's face. He felt Tom's hand clamp onto his shoulder, giving him a strong pat before hearing him walk out of the room. Harry sighed, collecting his clothes and heading off to look for a free restroom.

-

"Breakfast?" Harry shook his head, grabbing an apple.

"We'll be late–"

"Thanks to you," Sam scoffed, grabbing a plain waffle and placing it in his mouth, grabbing a banana and smacking Harry over the head, running out the door before Harry could get him back.