Happy Birthday, Harrison! // Harrison Osterfield

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Harrison Osterfield + Reader
Warnings: None!

-

"Enjoying your birthday so far?" You walked up to Harrison after seeing Laura walk away from him, leaving him alone, nudging him in the process. He turned around to face you, smiling as you stood next to him by the drinks table.

"Oh, yeah," his smile didn't falter, "I heard you helped with the party. Thanks." You smiled in return.

"Did we surprise you? Was it good?" Harrison let out a soft laugh, nodding as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you into a side hug.

"You got me, it was a nice surprise. It's nice to just hangout with everyone and not have anywhere to go in the morning – it's nice having you here." You fought the blush threatening to spread from your neck to your cheeks, ready to respond when Tom called everyone's attention.

"Alright, everyone," He signaled for Jacob to lower down the music, picking up his cup that he sat on a table earlier. "First, I'd like to thank Zendaya for letting us trash her house."

"You're all helping me clean this shit up. Except you, Harrison. Happy birthday!" Harrison laughed, raising his glass toward her.

"Anyway, before I was interrupted," Zendaya stuck her tongue out at him, mocking him, while Tom did the same to her, "I want to also thank (Y/N), for helping set up the party while the rest of you lot sat on your asses." He winked at you, causing you to laugh a little, "We're here to celebrate my partner in crime, my brother at heart and my best friend, Harrison." Everyone cheered for him, including you. Harrison looked toward you and gave you a small squeeze with the arm that was still wrapped around your shoulders. "Haz, you're the best friend anyone could have, and the best person anyone could know. Thanks for always being there – even if I can be a little bit of a handful sometimes." Tom raised his glass, prompting everyone to do so as well, "To Harrison."

"To Harrison!"

"Thanks everyone," Harrison smiled, "This was really nice. I'm glad I have you all with me today. Let's keep the party going!"

"Everyone, to the pool!" Zendaya screamed, being the first one to run outside, causing everyone to follow.

"Haz?" Harrison stopped in his tracks, turning around to face you, a smile on his face again.

"Yeah?" You hesitated on whether you should give him his gift now or not. You decided against it, shaking you head.

"Never mind. I thought I lost my sandals, but they're by the couch." Harrison looked at you questioningly but shrugged it off, extending his hand toward you.

"Let's get in the pool." You nodded, smiling softly while taking his hand.

"Oh, my God, Tom." Harrison's face turned beat red as he quickly shoved the Batman lingerie back into the bag it came in. Now he knew why Tom wanted him to open his gift away from his parents and relatives. Everyone around the group laughed, causing Harrison to roll his eyes and shove Tom off the end of the couch, where Tom sat.

"What?" Tom groaned from the ground, "Just in case you meet your special someone this year. She has to accept you for all your weird kinks." Harrison looked at you and saw you laughing, causing the blush on his face to deepen.

"Alright, Tom," Harrison challenged, "for your next birthday, I'll be sure to buy you a new thong – I know how much you loved wearing them on set." Everyone's laughter now turned towards Tom, his face turning red in the process as he stood up and dusted the imaginary dust off his jeans. He rolled his eyes, laughing it off nervously.

"Whatever," Tom nodded his head toward the back door, "there's a campfire set up for just the eight of us, s'mores?" Everyone nodded, following Tom toward the pit.

"Hey, Harry?" Harrison called out to Tom's younger brother, "When you're done editing the video from today, will you be sure to send it to me?" Harry smiled, nodding.

"'Course, dude. I'll even take out the bit about Tom's gift to you and keep the Tom roast in it." Harry winked, giving Harrison a pat on the shoulder. He made his way outside, smiling at you as he passed you.

"Haz?"

"Yeah?" He walked closer to you, so he was standing right next to you. You fell into a same-step rhythm. You and Harrison had known each other since his and Tom's first visit to Los Angeles. You were there for school and they had walked into your campus' Starbuck's. Tom spilled his drink all over Harrison's new shirt and it had sparked a small argument, you decided to intervene and offered to buy them both coffee's. You didn't take no for an answer, and that sparked your 3-year friendship with them.

"I have your gift. It's in Z's room." Harrison looked upstairs, then back toward you. "Do you want me to give it to you right now?" Harrison smiled widely, nodding rapidly. You smiled back, reaching for his hand to take him upstairs. "Okay, let's be quick. I don't want everyone getting the wrong idea." Harrison laughed, nodding in agreement as you both sprinted up the stairs.

Once you got to Zendaya's room you headed straight for the closet, directing Harrison to sit on the bed, which he did. You picked up the bag and having it in your hands made you nervous again. You didn't want Harrison to think it was stupid, or too sentimental. He probably wouldn't even think that much of it – it's such a small thing. You sat next to him on the bed, putting the bag between you two.

"Okay, um," you rubbed your hands against your jeans, "it's not anything big – or like expensive or anything. It's a little dumb. I don't know, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing and I just thought of you while putting it together. So, I just thought that-."

"Hey," Harrison cut you off softly, putting his hand on top of yours that rested on your lap. "I'm sure I'll love it. Especially since it's coming from you." You couldn't fight the blush this time, especially since you could easily spot the pink tint on Harrison's face, too. You nodded, pushing the bag with your free hand toward him. He smiled and picked it up, setting it on his lap to open it. He reached into it and pulled out a CD.

HAZ'S MIX – THINK OF ME WHEN YOU'RE GONE

It was silent between you two for a moment. The moment seems to stretch for you, though. You grew nervous and reached out to grab the CD. "See? It's dumb. I just – Harrison, I really like you and I don't want you to forget about me when you're gone again, you know? I wanted to just remind you that no matter where you are, you have someone here – me – who loves you and thinks about you."

"(Y/N)," you heard his soft voice. Here it comes, you thought, the inevitable rejection. "I love it." You looked up to meet his gaze, your eyes widening a little bit. "I love it. I love everything about this – the CD, the music, the fact that you made it. I love it," he paused, registering what you had said before. About having someone here – home – who loves him. "And, I love you." His hand came up to brush against your cheek, leaning in. Your lips brushed against each other, almost meeting until Harrison spoke up. "Thank you," his lips grazed yours as he spoke, "this is my favorite gift of all." And then he closed the gap, running his fingers from your cheek, through your hair, down your neck until it reached your hip. You shifted so you faced him directly, causing him to do the same.

"Looks like you found someone to use the lingerie after all," you both pulled away, hearing Tom's voice. Harrison groaned, grabbing the first pillow he could reach and chucking it toward the door.

"You dick," Harrison responded, laughing lightly along with you.

"Make sure you wrap yours!"