Goodnight Moon (Part 2) // Peter Parker

Pairings: CA:CW!Peter Parker + Reader (Y/N)
Description: It's been a month since Peter tried to drunkenly kiss you and it hasn't been the same since.

Warnings: Strong language (a few curse words)

Notes: Words in bold are your texts and words in italics are Peter's!

-

I groaned as my head throbbed from the continuous ringing of my phone, waking me from my peaceful sleep. I picked up the phone and answered it, bringing it up to my ear. "What?"

"I've got coffee downstairs, let me in!"

I sighed as I hung up the phone and went down to let (Y/F/N) in.

"Forget your key?"

"Do you even need to ask?"

"Maybe you should mold it into your jewelry, maybe then you wouldn't forget it as often." I said, gesturing to the various bracelets and rings that adorned her hands. She rolled her eyes at me before gesturing for me to take a seat next to her as she handed me my coffee.

"So? What gives, have you heard from him?" I sighed as I shook my head no, her giving me a sympathetic look. It had been a month since that incident between Peter and I at the party and he had been trying his hardest ever since to avoid me. "What happened anyway? Did you guys get in a fight?"

"No... At least I don't think so. He said we were okay."

"Okay with what?" I sighed again, getting ready for (Y/F/N)'s wrath.

"Peter tried to kiss me the last time we physically saw each other." She choked on her coffee, yelping as some of the hot liquid slipped down her blouse and onto her chest. She grabbed a handful of napkins and shoved them down her shirt.

"He what?! Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal! Well, until now. Shit, I don't know! He was drunk... we were talking about the first time we saw each other and I thought that he had just gotten caught up in the moment."

"You thought? Or, that's what he told you?"

"What's the difference?" She gave me an exasperated look.

"EVERYTHING! One thing is you thinking he got the wrong idea and another is him trying to throw you off by convincing you that you thought that. What exactly did you talk about?"

"I don't remember. We told each other we thought the other was cute."

"Oh, my god. You don't think he - you know?"

"No, what?" She gave me a pointed look. "No! Of course not. We're friends."

"You're each other's other halves. It wouldn't be a complete shock. Stuff like this happens all the time." Her phone beeped as I tried to process what she had just told me. "I have to go. Boss-lady needs me! I'll see you tonight - we've got stuff to talk about!" I waved her off as I grabbed my phone, sending Peter a text.

We need to talk. Please? I need you.

I hit send and got a reply within seconds.

What's up?

I expected him to say he'd come over but I shouldn't have expected that much, especially considering the state we're in now.

Can you come over?

Busy. Can we not do it over the phone?

I sighed before exiting my messages app and holding down the one key in the phone app, automatically dialing Peter since he was my speed-dial call. It rang three times before he picked up, which made me think he hadn't wanted to take the call in the first place.

"What's up?" He seemed strained over the phone.

"I should be asking you that." He sighed, quietly, but I heard it. "Peter, is this about what happened? You trying to kiss me? Because I thought that you said-."

"(Y/N), it's not."

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

"I've been busy." He sighed again. "Listen, I really don't have time to sit here on the phone and get scolded, okay? I'm at work and I took my break for this."

"Peter, please," my heart clenched just a little, the thought of him not even being able to talk to me over the phone breaking me just a little bit more. "It's not that I didn't want to kiss you - I didn't want you to want me like that."

He didn't say anything and I realized that the way I said that might not have been the best deliverance. "No, I mean - god, I just mean you were drunk. I didn't want you to kiss me when you were drunk."

"I know, that's why this conversation is seriously useless. Even if we would have kissed, it wouldn't have meant anything. Like we both said, I was drunk. I promise."

"Then why don't you want to see me?"

"I don't know. I guess I was just embarrassed. I didn't know what you thought of me."

"We're best friends... you could have just talked to me, Peter. I missed you."

"(Y/N)..."

"What is it, Peter?"

"I can't do this anymore." My heartbeat quickened just the slightest.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think we can be friends... not right now, anyway."

"What? Peter, but-."

"Babe, it's not you-."

"Are you fucking serious right now? I can't believe how selfish you're being!"

He scoffed slightly before responding, "What?"

"You're being a total dick! You're mad at me because you think I hurt your feelings. God, Peter, why are you being such a cry-baby?"

"Why are you being so insensitive? You know what? I shouldn't have taken the call."

"Yeah? Well... Well, I shouldn't have expected you to be a grown up about this. I shouldn't have called."

"Then why are we still on the phone?" His voice started to get louder and I had never in our seven years of friendship heard anything but soft and sweet come out of Peter toward me, and it hurt hearing it. More than anything.

"I don't know, why don't you call me back when you've stopped being an asshole?"

"Don't expect that anytime soon, sweetheart!"

And with that, the line went dead.