Like You're Married // Sam Holland

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Sam Holland x Gender Neutral!Reader
Request: ok so what do you think about making a imagine where the reader's been dating sam (holland) for a really long time, and just fluff of them cuddling with tessa, being close to his siblings and parents and just being a "old married couple" (not in the literal sense lol) overall I'd appreciate if you did, but it's ok if you don't want to do.. thanks anyways :)) xx

Requested: by anon

Notes: I RLLY LIKE THIS PROMPT WOW. also i tried to make this gender neutral, please let me know if i messed up anywhere!

-

"How do you look so cute just laying there?" You looked up from your book, looking at Sam watching you from his spot on the other side of the couch. You shook your head, hiding your blushing face and smile behind your book. "Seriously, look at you," he said in a teasing voice. He crawled across the couch, crawling over your legs and holding himself over you with his arms on both sides of you. "You're so cute," he whispered, bringing one hand up and lowering the book.

"Leave me alone," you whined, letting go of the book when he tugged on it, and using your, now free, hands to cover your face.

"No," he whined, resting his lower half on top of you, so he was straddling you, and used his hands to pry yours away from your face, "c'mon, pretty baby. Lemme see you." You let your hands fall, Sam not letting go of them, but bringing them up to his lips, instead. "There you are." He smiled at you, kissing the back of your hands. He leaned down, about to kiss you, until he was interrupted by your favorite girl -Tessa.

"Hi, Tess!" You said happily, shoving Sam off you and reaching down to scratch the back of Tess's ear. Sam groaned, pouting at you. "Oh, shut up, Sam." You didn't even have to turn to look at him to know that he was pouting. "Pretty girl," you whispered, leaning over to press a kiss on top of her head. You smiled as she perched up on the couch, wanting to jump onto it and next to you. You scoot back, feeling your butt and your back hit Sam's chest.

"I like this position better." You heard him mutter, causing you to roll your eyes, despite the smile on your face. You felt Sam's arm wrap around your waist as you settled against him, Tessa jumped onto the empty spot in front of you and laid down. Sam stretched his arm so it wrapped around you and Tessa, keeping his two favorites close to him.

"You two are so cute," you both looked up, seeing Tom and Haz looking at you two. "You're giving me a toothache," he teased, winking at you two. You blushed, hiding your face behind Tessa.

"You two act like you're married." Sam's arm tightened around you and you could feel his face pressed against your back, feeling as embarrassed as you.

"Aw, Haz! They're blushing!"

"Oh, my god. Fuck off!" Sam groaned, burying his face further against your back. Tom and Harrison both chuckled, walking over to pet Sam's, yours and Tessa's heads before leaving.

"No! Don't go in there! Don't – oh, my god! I said not to go in there!" You looked to your left, hearing Sam laughing at you.

"Love, I think you might be a little late on warning the poor lass." You pouted, curling further into Sam's side.

"I tried," you sighed dramatically, taking popcorn out of the bowl and reaching your hand up, offering some to Sam. You smiled, not looking up to see him, but feeling his tongue skim your hand as he opened his mouth to eat the popcorn out of your hand. When he was done, you lowered your hand and ate the remaining pieces.

"Oh, nice, movie night!" You looked up, seeing Paddy and Harry standing near the couch. You clamped a hand over Sam's mouth, knowing he was going to tell them to leave.

"Sit, join us. We're watching Saw Three." Sam groaned in your ear, only letting you hear it.

"Well," Harry said, throwing himself next to you on the couch and reaching for your hand, "let me see it then." You and Harry's eyebrows pulled in – confused for different reasons. "Where is it? Did you take it off for the popcorn?"

"What are you talking about?" Harry looked up, blushing as he gave his twin brother a sheepish look.

"I take it as you hadn't given it yet?" You looked back at Sam, seeing him glare at Harry.

"Sam?" He looked at you, sighing as he got up, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a ring with your gem stone on it.

"I, uh, I got you this. It's a promise ring." He plopped down next to you. "I was supposed to give it to you hours ago, but I-I chickened out." You sat there, looking at him with your mouth slightly hung open. You wordlessly lifted your right hand, giving it to him. He looked up at you with wide eyes.

"Well then? You gonna put it on or not?" He smiled at you, clumsily slipping it on your finger as he simultaneously pulled you in for a kiss.

"Okay, Pads. Maybe we should leave."

-

"Can you hand me the butter?" You wordlessly opened the fridge, getting Sam the butter and watching as he placed it on the counter and then opened it, taking a knife and spreading it on the bread. "Three slices?" You didn't even nod, he knew how you took your grilled cheese's. You watched as he reached for the pan and leaned over to grab a a spatula to flip the grilled cheese on the stove.

"What do you want to drink, pretty boy?" You leaned down, looking through the fridge and pulling out the milk to pour yourself a glass. You yelped, sitting up when you felt his hand land on your ass. "Sam!" He looked at you innocently.

"What happened? You okay?" You rolled your eyes, smirking at him as he turned away from you, trying to hold his smile in. "Milk's fine, by the way." You hummed, taking out two cups and pouring out to glasses for you and Sam. You put the milk away and walked up behind him, wrapping your arms around him and resting your cheek against his back. "Your hands are warm," he whispered, smiling when your fingers lifted his shirt and touched his coldish skin.

"You two look very domestic." You jumped away from him, choosing to lean against the counter behind him instead. You looked up, seeing Nikki smiling at you both. You blushed, smiling back. "You two are too cute." You both looked at Sam as he groaned.

"Mum, please," he whined, turning the stove off and dropping a grilled cheese on each plate next to the stove.

"What? I think you guys are cute. You two would also make some cute kids."

"Bye, mum," Sam blushed, shooing his mom away as he walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room. You smiled, leaning over and kissing Nikki on the cheek. You grabbed the two glasses of milk and walked back to her.

"Bye, mum!" You mocked Sam, loud enough for him to hear. Nikki laughed as she caressed your cheek, letting you go back to Sam.

"Did you call my mum, mum?" You smiled, shrugging.

"What?" You asked him, looking at his smile skeptically, sitting down and immediately taking a bite of the grilled cheese he made you.

"Nothing," he shook his head, smiling down at his food. "I could get used to you calling my family yours." You smiled down at your food, too. You both looked up at each other at the same time, your smiles widening.

"Maybe one day your family will be mine." Sam scoffed, causing you to pull your eyebrows in, in confusion.

"There's no maybe. You're crazy if you don't think I'm marrying you." He reached across the table, silently asking for your hand. You got up from your seat instead, walking up to him and grabbing each side of his face, bringing his face up to kiss you. His hand rested on yours on top of his cheeks, smiling into the kiss softly.

"I love you." You whispered, your lips still against his. He smiled, kissing you again.

"I love you too, darling."