Don't Let Me Go // Peter Parker

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Request: Peter Parker coming over in the middle of the night because he had a nightmare. + based on that pic of tom shirtless scrolling through his phone with a cup of tea/coffee bc I'm thirsty

Pairing: Peter Parker + Reader

Warnings: A few curse words I think if you consider that a warning lol A LOT OF FLUFF SURPRISNGLY

-

You had only been asleep for maybe an hour when you heard the incessant knocking on your window. You were in your apartment alone since your parents had decided to take a trip together alone for the anniversary, so you were on higher alert and the fact that someone was knocking at your door at two in the morning didn't sit right with you.

You sat up in your bed, hesitantly grabbing the first object within reach which just so happened to be an umbrella littered with various cats and dogs – a joke gift Peter had given you on your third-year friendship anniversary because, "Get it?! It's raining cats and dogs!"

At the thought of Peter you smiled slightly, but the continuous knocking snapped you out of your thoughts. You lowered your umbrella as you walked closer to your window, the thought that it might be more likely that Peter be at your window than a murderer. You were proven right as you drew your curtain back and saw a flushed Peter sitting on your fire escape, clad in his alter-ego's costume minus the mask.

You pushed your window up, immediately being pushed back into your bedroom as Peter's arms wounded around your waist and pulled you against him. You were stunned for a couple of seconds, hearing his harsh and broken breathing. You eventually returned his embrace, your arms finding themselves around his neck.

"Peter?"

"God, you're so warm. No!" He gripped you tighter, stopping your movements of trying to let go. "Please, don't let go of me."

Your grip tightened around him as he lifted you off the floor slightly. "Peter," your grip loosened as you felt yourself on the ground again, "I have to close the window. Go lay in my bed, I'll be quick." He reluctantly let go, shuffling to get to your bed. As promised, as soon as you shut your window you returned to his open embrace under your comforter.

"Do you want to know why I'm here at two in the morning?" In all honesty, you weren't going to ask. You didn't mind losing sleep over Peter, especially when he seemed like he needed you. You were just going to fall asleep against him, like you had done so many times before. You'd do anything just to be like this with him every night.

"Only if you want to tell me."

"I had another nightmare."

"About?" You knew what the answer was. Ever since Peter had told you about him being Spider-Man, his nightmares about you being taken from him were almost a weekly thing. It had never gotten bad enough for him to visit you in the middle of the night, however.

"You... except it was different. God, it felt so real." His voice started to tremble as his arms tightened around your waist. "You wouldn't wake up – no matter what I said or did, you just didn't respond to me. Then your body was ripped away from me, I couldn't say bye and I didn't know where you were. I saw flashes of green and orange, but nothing else. Everything was dark, cold – everything I imagine life without you to be."

His head had drifted down to rest on your chest, his grip on you deadly but you didn't mind. You knew what it felt like to dream of a world without Peter. You would never tell him but knowing how often he risked his life scared the absolute shit out of you. You knew it was something he felt he needed to do, an obligation of some sorts, and you knew he was more than capable, but nothing would ever make you comfortable with the idea of him not ever coming back to you. Even when he promised you each time he would always come back to you. "(Y/N)?"

"Yes, Peter?"

"Don't let me go." His speech was slurred, dripping with exhaustion as you felt every one of his muscles relax, his eyes fluttering to a close.

"Never, Peter."

"Good," his grip loosened, "I love you." You tensed at the words, Peter already having slipped into unconsciousness. Peter and you had been best friends for four years, he still flushed whenever your hands so much as skimmed each other's while you walked down the sidewalk together. Your fingers lightly continued to card through his hair as you fell asleep with a smile on your face.

You woke up to the sun peeping through your thin blue curtains, the New York cold becoming evident with the lack of the additional body heat next to you. "Peter?" You heard a soft "in the kitchen!" before you flung your legs off the side of your bed and padded your way to the bathroom to freshen up before making your way to the kitchen.

Your knees almost buckled at the sight in front of you. Peter stood at the kitchen entrance without his shirt, his hair a complete mess as he idly looked through his phone, occasionally bringing a cup of coffee to his lips. You shook your head at the sinful thoughts that overwhelmed you and started walking up to him. You had gone unnoticed until you walked up behind him, wrapping your arms around his waist. You laughed lightly as you felt his body tense and then relax under your touch. "It was cold without this morning." He turned in your arms and wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"Sorry," he laughed in return, "I had to use the bathroom, and then I decided to make some coffee. Want?" You shook your head no, burying your face further into his bare chest. Peter set his cup down on the counter next to you and wrapped both of his arms around you, pulling you impossibly closer to him. "Want to head back to bed?" At your nod, he began to walk you backwards to the direction of your room. His hands dropped to your waist, helping you lay backwards on your bed, crawling on top of you as his hands supported his weight above you.

His head rested in the nape of your neck, his breath hot against your skin. You smiled softly as you felt his lips peck you a few times, feather like kisses trailing from you neck to your jawline, only to rest on your cheek. The moment felt so intimate, it made you dizzy – the feeling almost making you forget Peter's confession to you last night.

Almost.

"Peter?" You didn't allow your voice to come out as more than a whisper, scared that you'd make him nervous with any other tone.

"Yes?" His breath fanned across your face, making your cheeks burn just the slightest.

"I love you, too," you prepared for him to pull away from you, for him to at least tense above you, or for him to laugh, even... but, he didn't. You felt the ghost of a smile against your cheek before you felt his lips against your skin again. He dragged his lips from your cheek to the corner of your mouth, pecking you there in the softest of ways. You breathing hitched as his face pulled away to look at yours, his eyes trailing along every detail of your face.

"Say it again," he closed his eyes before taking a deep breath in, out, "please."

You smiled, bringing your hands to rest on either side of his face, pulling him closer to you. "I love you."

As soon as the words left you, it was almost as if he wanted to inhale them, wanting to hear you say you love him in every inch of his body. His lips landed on yours in a rushed kiss, filled with heavy breathing and soft sighs and wide smiles, almost making it impossible to kiss through it.

"I love you," his kiss traveled across your face, earning small laughs from you, "so much."