Third Time's A Charm // Tom Holland

by Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Request: Can I request a tom X reader fic where he takes the reader to a premier for their first date!? Please, and thank you (:
Requested by: @impalalalalardis-1067?

Pairings: Tom Holland + Reader

Warnings: None!

Notes: Sorry this took so long I suck omg but I didn't know how to write out the actual date/premiere so I wrote about Tom asking the reader to be his date!! I hope this is okay!!

-

"Sorry your date tonight was such a bust." I directed my attention from the TV to Tom as his spoon dug into the bowl of ice cream in his hands. He was seated next to me on my couch, my head on his shoulder with a blanket thrown lazily across both of our laps as we devoured the rest of the chocolate ice cream I had in my freezer. I shook my head as I laid it back down on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. I'm only sad that I bought this dress for this date, and now I probably won't ever wear it again." I shrugged. We were in this current position because I had been on my second date in the past week (each with a different guy my friends had set up for me), and it turned out to be the worst date. I ended up ending the date earlier than he expected, claiming I had just gotten my period and needed to be home as soon as I possibly could. He asked to reschedule the date (after trying to talk his way into my apartment to "take care of me"), and I said I'd let him know when I was available.

As soon as he left I called Tom and after laughing at the lame excuse I had given the poor guy for twenty solid minutes, he brought all my favorite romantic comedies to help me forget about my horrible love life.

"It doesn't have to go to waste, y'know," his voice was a whisper, I would have missed it if I weren't right next to him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I, uh," he sat up straight, prompting me to do so and as I did I shifted my body to fully face him, "well, the premiere I'm going to for Doctor Strange is in a couple of days..."

"And why would I wear it there?" I asked him, a hint of a smile on my face, already knowing what he was trying to get across, but I wanted him to ask me the full question.

"Because you could, I don't know, I mean if you wanted to – you could come as my date?"

My smile grew wider as I watched the light shade of pink rise to his cheeks. "You asking me on a date, Holland?"

He laughed a little, facing me fully now too, a smile on his face. "Yeah, I mean you know what they say, third time's a charm, right?"

"Shut up," I laughed a little, going back to resting my head on his shoulder. Tom's arm found its way around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him and resting his head on top of mine.

"I don't know why you went out with those losers anyway," his voice returned to a whisper as John Krasinski's character in Something Borrowed declared his love to his best friend on the TV.

"What?" I asked in a teasing voice, "Were you jealous?" I expected a laugh to come out of him and for him to call me stupid but he only shrugged and sighed. I looked up at him slightly, only to see him already looking down at me, my eyes wide at his reaction.

"What? You never thought about me?" He smiled a little as he quoted the movie we were watching. I reached for the remote and paused the movie, sitting up straight again to look at him fully.

"Tom, I need you to be serious right now."

"I am being serious." He sighed again, his hand reaching out to hold mine. He played with my fingers and I sat in silence waiting for him to continue. After a couple of minutes of unbearable silence, I was about to say something before he started talking again, "I don't know. I guess I just can't stand to see you with these guys who don't deserve you. No one deserves you, not even me," he put a hand up to stop me from talking, already knowing I would retaliate to that absurd statement. "No one deserves you, but, God, I will spend every single day with you trying my best to be the guy who does."

It was quiet again and I had assumed he was done, so I began speaking. "Tom," his eyes remained where our hands met in the middle of us. My free hand came to meet his cheek, caressing him lightly. His head lifted, his eyes finally meeting mine with a light smile on his face. "Of course I've thought about you," his smile faltered slightly as his eyebrows furrowed, but I continued. "Tom, I didn't know what I wanted until I met you." His intense stare intimidated me, my eyes began to find our hands just as interesting as Tom had a couple of minutes before. We sat in silence until Tom let go of my hands, scooting closer to me.

"And? What do you want?" I could hear the smile in his accent as his hand returned and he tugged on mine. The taunting atmosphere was back, him already knowing I meant him but him wanting to hear me say it.

I smiled and lifted my gaze back to him, leaning into him a little more. His arms steadied me as I straddled his waist, he hung them around me loosely as my arms wound around his neck. "You," I whispered my answer before his lips connected with mine. One of his hands finding its way to the back of my neck and deepening the kiss. My fingers carded through his hair as I felt him sigh in the kiss. We broke apart as both of our smiles grew too wide for the kiss to continue.

"I've waited years for you to do that." My voice remained at a whisper as I tried to catch my breath, our foreheads resting against each other.

"Sorry it took me so long."

We shifted so we were pressed against each other again on the couch, playing the movie again. It was silent before Tom turned toward me again. "So, that's a yes to the premiere, right? I mean you didn't really answer."

I laughed loudly, throwing my head back and hitting his shoulder in the process as he smiled back at me, pulling me back against him.

"I'd be delighted, Tom."