Slytherin!Tom AU (Part 1) // Tom Holland

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Slytherin!Tom + Hufflepuff!Reader

Notes: I wrote this bc I'm a Hufflepuff and when Tom said "who wants to be a Hufflepuff?" I was offended. So, now I am forcing him to love Hufflepuff's. Bite me, Tom. THIS IS FOR ALL MY HUFFLEPUFF'S.

-

"You're joking!" I laughed, putting my cardigan on as I listened to Beatrice tell me what happened in her Potions class yesterday. She nodded, tucking in the rest of her shirt while she looked at herself in the mirror.

"I'm not joking!" She picked up her bag and waited for me by the door so we could head out together. "Richard totally mixed up the spell and turned Slughorn into an actual slug! It was ridiculous – now he has to help Slughorn every Saturday by cleaning out the cauldrons."

"So, you got extra credit for turning Slughorn back to normal, and you don't have to clean your cauldron?" She nodded, linked her arm with mine. "You lucky, Gryff." My laughter was cut off when a shoulder bumped into me, causing my books and the other person's to fall to the ground. I started to apologize but was cut off by a groan.

"Damn, Hufflepuff," I flinched from the amount of venom he spit out at the mention of my house name. "Watch where you're growing!" He bent down to pick up his books and I caught a glimpse of the green on his sweater.

"I'm sorry, Nicholas, here." I bent down, picking up a stray notebook and handing it to him, stepping back when it was ripped from my hands.

"'I'm sorry, Nicholas'," I could hear the mockery in his voice, causing me to sigh. "Just watch where you're going."

"Nicholas, ease up." All three of us looked up and saw Tom adjusting his backpack. "She said she was sorry, she gave you your notebook," he shrugged, "just drop it, let's go."

"What, Holland? Hufflepuffs are worth your time now?" Tom shrugged, shaking his head when Nicholas muttered a 'whatever', heading toward wherever he was walking before. Tom turned to look at me.

"Sorry about him," Tom bent down and picked up one of my pens, handing it to me. Our fingers brushed and we looked up at each other, Tom pulling his hand away from mine quickly. He cleared his throat, pointing toward the direction Nicholas ran off to. "I, uh – I have class. Potions." He nodded and I nodded back, smiling shyly. "I'll see you around, Hufflepuff." I nodded again, but he had turned to walk away before he saw me doing it.

"Tom being nice to a Hufflepuff?" I turned and looked at Beatrice, gripping the pen in my hand. "He must have a spot for you." I rolled my eyes, not missing the heat that was quickly surrounding my face.

"Tom doesn't have a soft spot for anyone – except maybe his mom. And that's a maybe." Beatrice laughed, shaking her head while we linked arms again.

"Whatever you say, Hufflepuff."

"Can anyone tell me what rodent-like creature is attracted to... shiny things?" My arm shot up, my hand waving a little too frantically, causing Hagrid to laugh.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" I smiled, putting my hand down before answering.
"Those would be Nifflers – long snouts and black fur." Hagrid smiled at me, nodding before pulling out a cage that held a Niffler.

"That's right, (Y/N). I'd give you a gold star if I had one, but since I don't, you get to hold this little guy first." I smiled, about to step up to the cage when a scoff was heard in the back of the group.

"What a shock, a damn Hufflepuff knowing the answer. We might be here all day, fellas – (L/N) might want to nurse any little mark she might find." My shoulders slouched, turning around to see a couple of Slytherin standing idly in the back, laughing at the comment. My face heated up when the comment encouraged a couple of more laughs.

"Piss off, Nicholas," another Slytherin, Tom, shoved Nicholas' shoulder, causing him to stumble from the tree. "Just because she knew that answer doesn't mean you have to reflect your self hatred onto her." Tom shook his head, and looked at me. I smiled at him and he immediately looked away from me.

"God, mate," Nick complained, "be careful. People might start to think you actually give a shit about the Hufflepuffs." Tom rolled his eyes at the comment, walking toward the front of the group and standing a few feet away from me. Hagrid cleared his throat, directing everyone's attention back to the front of the room.

"If we're done acting like the creatures, we might actually have time to interact with one of thesecreatures. (Y/N)?" He beckoned me over, taking the Niffler out of the cage and began to place it into my awaiting palms, before pulling it back to him. I looked up at him confused. "You're not wearing anything shiny, are you?" I laughed, double-checking and then shaking my head. "Alright, here you are." I clutched the Niffler into my chest, facing toward the crowd of the other students in my Care of Magical Creatures class.

I looked up at the crowd, smiling at everyone cooing at the small creature. My eyes met Tom's again, except his eyes were on me – not the Niffler, but me. I smiled at him, this time catching the hint of a smile before he turned away again.

-

"Tom?" I wrapped my hand around his wrist to stop him from leaving, causing him to turn around.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)." He adjusted his shoulder bag and tightened his grip on his Potions book. "What's up?" His gaze didn't meet mine, his eyes falling on the book in my hands – a book of spells I borrowed from the library.

"I just wanted to say thank you – for this morning, and in class today. That was very sweet of you." His face pulled an uncomfortable look. I guess Slytherin's weren't used to getting thanked. "I – uh, I got you something... from the garden when we went outside for our Creatures class." Tom looked at me, his eyes widening. I opened up my book and pulled out a flower that had been growing, despite the cold weather, that I plucked for him and then set my book on the desk. "For you." He looked at the daisy and his face reddened.

"Uh, no thanks." he shook his head, causing me to frown. "You're very cute, but I–."

"You think I'm cute?" Tom's face red turned a darker shade of red as he shook his head, stumbling as he walked backwards.

"Ha, good one Hufflepuff. Uh – bite me." And he left without another word. I smiled at the fact that Tom, one of Slytherin's best, became shy around me. I frowned as I noticed the flower I got him was still in my hand. I set it at his desk and walked out of the left rear's back door, a different one he went through.

Before I got too far, I realized I forgot the Spell book on the desk. I sighed, walking back to Hagrid's classroom, stopping when I saw Tom standing in front of his desk. I hid behind the door and watched as he picked up the daisy. I could trace the ghost of a smile with my eyes as he placed the daisy in his Potions book after smelling it. I hid behind a pillar as he walked out, before walking in to get my book once he was gone, a smile on my face.

Maybe the Slytherin did have a soft spot for a Hufflepuff.