New Girl (Part 9 & 10) // Tom Holland

Word count: 4400

"A wedding?" I pulled the invite off the fridge.

"Yes!" Jacob exclaimed, running into the kitchen. He sat down on the stool next to Tom and Harrison, Zendaya was looking through the fridge. "Harrison, when do you get that penis cast off?"

"It's not a cast!"

"It's a hardened mold around your penis to prevent you from moving it, what else do you want us to call it?" Tom asked, shaking his head.

"You don't have to call it anything! Stop thinking about my penis, idiots." Their bickering continued while Zendaya and I rolled our eyes.

"Hey!" She called, gaining their attention as they quieted down. "Whose wedding is this?" She gestured toward the invite in my hand.

"Don't know. Friend of a cousin's friend? We got it in the mail and it just reminded me of what we're all lacking-," Jacob was interrupted.

"And, what's that genius?" Jacob knocked his hand against Harrison's thigh, moving him in his chair slightly. "asshole."

"We're all lacking sex, you dumbass. We're going to this wedding to get laid – to pick someone up. None of us are going home alone." Jacob and Harrison high-fived, and I glanced toward Tom to catch his reaction. He was smiling, shaking his head at the other two boys. His head lifted and his eyes met mine, but I dropped my gaze immediately.

"Well," I cleared my throat, "Saturday? You in?" I looked at Zendaya and she shrugged.

"Why not? These losers and you are kind of the only people I can tolerate in LA. So, if you're going, I'm there with you, babe." I looked back at Tom to see him still looking at me. It had been three months since I asked Tom to show me he liked me instead of telling me, and he hasn't – maybe he gave up. Maybe I should, too. I smiled and faced Zendaya again, nodding.

"Looks like we're in boys. No one goes home alone." The boys yelled in triumph, beginning to talk about if we'd carpool, should we all get dressed together, Jacob smacking Harrison for asking such a stupid question considering all of us, basically also including Z, lived here. Tom had gotten off the stool he was sitting on and started to walk away from the conversation, me being the only one who noticed. I managed to slip away and follow him when Harrison started to tell Jacob that he'd be able to score more girls than him and Zendaya pitting them against each other and making bets.

"Tom?" I called out, once we were both out of ear shot. He had almost made it inside his room.

"What's up?" I shrugged, looking down at my feet while my hands locked together in front of me.

"This isn't weird, right?" He cocked his head to the side, confused. "I mean, us trying to score a night with someone else? It's just – it's been three months..." Tom shook his head, shuffling on his feet as his weight shifted from leaning on his right leg to his left.

"No, no it's fine. You're a free woman, you can do what you want. Same with me. Uh – the free part, not the woman." We both let out a soft laugh, our gazes meeting each other.

When we all went to go see what happened why Harrison was in the hospital three months ago, everything felt normal. But, as time progressed, normality seemed to slip farther from our grasps. We didn't talk much, we tried to avoid a room if the other was in it – hell, we even tried to memorize our bathroom schedule's so we wouldn't end up in there at the same times.

"Tom?" our eyes were still trained on each other. He hummed in response. "Are we ever going to be okay again? Because – I miss you." He shook his head, smiling down at his shoes.