Studying Abroad (Part 2) // Tom Holland

You sighed out, flipping over on your bed and reaching your arm around to wrap around Tom – only to come up empty-handed. You furrowed your eyebrows, your eyes still closed. "Tom?" You whispered, opening one eye to see the space empty – it looked like no one was even there. Had you dreamt it? You shook your head, sitting up and rubbing your eyes, trying to clear your vision of the small amounts of sand that littered the corner of your eyes. You frowned to yourself as you got up, moving to get your clothes for a shower. You peeked around outside – there was noise coming from downstairs. The twins sounded like they were catching up on some morning cartoons while the smell of bacon began to hover upstairs.

"Hey there, tiger," Tom whispered in your ear from behind, making you jump as his arms wrapped around your waist. You blushed at the nickname, gently elbowing him.

"You scared me!"

"D'you miss me this morning, sweet thing?" He teased, kissing you on the cheek. You turned around in his arms, wrapping yours around his neck while his tightened around your waist.

"In your dreams, Holland."

"You? Always." He winked, his smug look disappearing quickly as he shoved you away from him, hearing someone come up the stairs. You furrowed your eyebrows, smiling at Sam as he walked by you two.

"Morning, Sam!" You said, extending your hand toward his outstretched one, letting him hold it for a second, like he did every morning, before he let go and continued on his way.

"Morning, babe. There's a bunch of food downstairs – mum's in a good mood." He said over his shoulder, disappearing into his room to get dressed for school. You nodded, mostly to yourself, frowning when Tom seemed to loosen up again, his grin finding its way back to his face.

"Wanna go eat?" He offered you his hand, which you took, smiling as he led you down the stairs. His hand let go of yours as soon as you two hit the bottom of the staircase, and you frowned again as he walked ahead of you. What the hell was his problem?

"Morning, darlin'." You looked toward your left, smiling at Tom's dad as he lifted his cup of coffee toward you as a salute.

"Morning, sweetie. Take a seat," Tom's mom chimed in, putting Tom's plate in front of him, and you had just noticed that he had already sat down, engaged in conversation with Harry.

"Uh, I need to shower first," you said, smiling softly at your resident-mom. "Can I take it to go?" You smiled as she excitedly nodded – she loved making the boys lunches, but told you they felt like they were "too old" for their mom to pack stuff for them, so she took every advantage with you. "Thanks." You said, rushing to head upstairs, ignoring the glance Tom gave you before leaving.

"I mean... I called it. I called you two sneaking into each other's rooms."

"This was the first – and only – time. He totally... brushed me off. It was weird."

"Maybe he doesn't want the family to know that you two are a... whatever you two are, you know? I mean, his mom might feel weird knowing the abroad student staying in her house is sleeping with one of her sons."

You frowned – it made sense, but why couldn't Tom just tell you that? You shrugged it off, continuing to eat your lunch in silence.

"Hey there, beauty!" Tom's voice rung in your ear. You looked up, seeing Tom looking at your friend. "Oh, look!" He said, glancing down at where you sat, "You're here, too." He winked, sitting down next to you. And there it went – the annoying Tom that you got to know first moving in. You scooted away from him, causing him to frown. "Oh, come on! I was kidding, baby." He tried to put his arm around your shoulders, only for you to get up.