The Frat Boy (Part 1) // Sam Holland

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Sam Holland x Reader

Summary: Frat boy!Sam that was literally inspired by that video of Sam dancing to R Kelly. That's literally it.

-

You sighed, sulking in a corner of your best friend's frat house. How fucking gnarly to be here only just a few minutes after having caught your boyfriend cheating. What a great entry to a fabulous weekend. You swirled your cup in a circle, watching the liquid change colors as it swished from each side.

"You're being a downer, darling," Harry said, sitting next to you on the couch as he threw an arm over your shoulder. You just sighed, leaning back as you sunk further into him. You and Harry had met at the beginning of the year, both of you being well into your third year. You transferred in the beginning and were lucky enough to be partnered with him through a mentor program for your major, which happened to be Film and Media.

"It's kind of hard to have fun when Jonathan's probably undressing some other girl already." You groaned, leaning your head on his shoulder. Harry sighed next to you, placing his drink, and yours, on the coffee table across from you and hugging you, sideways, tighter.

"I know, babe," he sighed, kissing the top of your head. "But, I wouldn't be a good friend if I let you sit here like the loser you feel like."

"I feel the love and support, truly, I do." You replied sarcastically, whining when he let go of you to stand up and grab your hands, pulling you up with him. "Harry, no," you pouted, moving to pull your hands away from him.

"Come on!" He was cut off by someone grabbing his shoulder, turning him around. You looked behind him, seeing the cutest boy you've seen in a long time, momentarily forgetting about Jonathan. But, of course, seeing him made you think of him, making you frown.

"Am I that ugly?" Harry's friend asked, laughing at your expression.

"Yeah, you are." Harry teased, pulling you against him as he got ready to introduce you to him.

"We're twins, dickhead. If I'm ugly, you're ugly."

"We're fraternal twins, I'm definitely cuter." Harry countered, causing you to look up at him. Twins?

"You didn't tell me you had a brother – let alone, a twin..."

"Well, I have three, actually. One older, two younger." Harry smiled when Sam rolled his eyes, Sam trying to bite his tongue to point out that Harry wasn't that much older than him.

"I'm Sam, love. Since, I don't think my dear old brother isn't going to introduce us, like a gentleman."

"I was getting to that," Harry said, reaching a hand out to shove the younger, but slightly taller, twin. "This is Sam, my brother, as you've discovered. Sam, this is my best friend–"

"Ah, Y/N. I've heard quite a bit about you. Harry, I don't know what you mean, this might be the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Nothing like a gremlin!" He took your hand in his, bringing it to his lips and kissing the back of it. Your mouth hung open slightly as you looked at Harry, shoving him away from you.

"I never said that! I never told you that!" Harry said defensively, pointing at his twin. "You're lucky there's a crowd of people here, I would have kicked your ass."

Sam rolled his eyes, feigning being scared. "I'm shaking. Please, don't beat me up, big brother!"

You laughed at the exchange, making Sam look at you with a small smile.

"What are you doing here? Thought you couldn't come because you were studying." Harry grumbled, trying to change the subject.

"I live in the frat house, kind of hard to ignore the blaring music. Plus, something told me to come," he glanced at Harry for a second before turning to wink at you, "maybe it was destiny." He smiled even wider when he noticed the pink in your cheeks and your eyes move across the room, focusing on anything except him.

"Barf," Harry cringed, shaking his head. "Want a drink?" Harry told you he'd be back as he left you to sit back down on the couch and lead Sam to the refreshments table. Sam smiled at you once more before following his brother.

"Alright, so what's the deal?"

"The deal?" Harry's face scrunched up in confusion as he poured a cup from whatever was in the bowl and handed it to him.

"Before my hopeless romantic, dumb ass falls in love – what's your friends deal?"

"Oh," Harry nodded, refilling a cup for himself, "uh, well not even an hour ago, caught the boyfriend cheating with a girl she's known since the second grade. So, uh, definitely not having a grand ol' time."

"Fuck," Sam frowned. "I can't make a move then."

"Why not?"

"What the fuck do you mean why not? Vulnerability is not an invite, dickhead." Sam shook his head at his brother. "I can't just swoop in, that's unethical."

"You don't have to swoop in yet, that's not what I meant," Harry rolled his eyes, going to walk back to you. "I just meant, nothing stops you two from talking, at the very least."

Sam watched as his brother walked away, sitting back next to you on the couch. Sam sighed, bringing his cup to his lips and tilting his head back, downing the whole cup. He shook his head, not expecting the amount of alcohol he tasted to be in it. He cringed slightly but refilled his cup again anyway, walking over to the group of friends he'd come with.

-

"Wait, wait," Sam laughed, his speech slurring as he grabbed the attention of the circle he was in, that included you, "this is it, this is it!" He announced, making room for himself by moving a couple of feet away. R. Kelly's Ignition (Remix) played in the background as he danced to it, his group of friends cheering the slightly drunk boy on. He smiled at you laughing at him, grabbing your hand, "Come on, do it with me!" He encouraged, showing you the dance move. You had, had quite a few drinks, but you felt fine.

"Trust me," you said, pointing to your drink, "I'm not there yet." You laughed as he pouted, allowing him to take your cup and take a swig of your drink.

"That guy's an idiot."

You looked at him confused, before realizing Harry probably mentioned why you looked so miserable when he first saw you that night.

"Really," he said, "I don't know you much, but... I mean, I'd like to."

You noted his pink cheeks, not knowing if that had been there before because of the alcohol, or if that had just appeared after his confession. "I'd like to know you, too, younger Holland."

Sam rolled his eyes, hiding his smile with your cup, that he only now realized he still had. He put the empty cup down, grabbing your hand as a new track played. "Drunk or not, you're dancing with me," he declared, bringing your arms around his neck before moving his around your hips.

"This isn't a slow song," you said, laughing as you looked around and smiled at the people looking at you two.

"The song I'm playing in my head is, come closer, you'll hear it." He stepped closer to you, encouraging you to place your head on his shoulder. You wanted to roll your eyes at his ridiculously cheesy line, but you closed your eyes and played a slower song in your head anyway, letting Sam sway you both back and forth.

"Do you hear it?"

You didn't know if you two were listening to the same song in your head, but you nodded anyway, wrapping your arms a little tighter around him and bringing him closer.