We're... Friends? // Harry Holland

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: Harry Holland x Reader

Request: For the angst/fluff imagine for Harry can you do one where the reader likes Harry but he has a girlfriend and she gets all sad/insecure about it and one day at a party during a game she just kinda explodes on him after all of the years? 

Requested by: Anon

Notes: I changed it slightly, sorry :(

-

"You're drooling." Your hand instinctively went to your mouth, wiping away at it, when you realized that Sam was just making fun of you. You turned, glaring at him slightly with a roll of your eyes. "You ogling at my brother is actually quite weird. Why don't you just tell him that you like him?"

"I can't do that, he's my best friend," you sighed, running a hand through your hair as you turned to face Sam directly, going back to the video you two were watching. "Plus, I don't even know if I want to be with Harry. I could just be lonely."

You and Harry had been friends for only a couple of years – your friendship had started over you two being placed as partners for a night photography class you two were taking. You were a beginner and Harry knew so much, and showed you so much. There were so many times you thought that you and Harry might have had something more than a friendship. That time you two kissed when you were drunk at his birthday party, that time Harry bought you a necklace with his initial on it – he was total boyfriend material, he just didn't ever label himself as your boyfriend.

Before Sam could respond, Harry made his way back to you, his coffee in hand. "What are you two talking about?" You and Sam both shook your heads, causing Harry to furrow his eyebrows. "Right, then. Guess what?"

"What?" Harry dug a hand into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to Sam. "A receipt? What, you want me to pay you back for my three-dollar coffee?" Harry rolled his eyes, taking his index finger and pointing toward the bottom. "A number?" Your head shot up from looking down at your coffee cup, looking at the twins in front of you. Harry smirked, turning in his chair and waving at the barista, causing her to look down, a blush rising on her face.

"I asked her out while I was waiting for my order. She's cute, right?" He turned to you, causing you to give him a fake smile and a nod. "'Bout time ol'Harry got his groove back, right?" Sam scoffed, his face contorting in disgust.

"Don't say that, that's weird." You sighed, pulling out your phone.

"Oh, I have to take this. Be right back." Both boys looked at you, Harry's look was confused and Sam's was filled with pity – you wanted to punch them both. You walked out of the Starbuck's, leaning against the wall and breathing in. Now, you had to force yourself to believe that you didn't want to be with Harry.

"You okay?" You turned around to look at Sam, shrugging slightly. "I'm sorry about Harry – he's... an idiot. I don't know what other word would compliment him more." You laughed lightly, pushing yourself off the wall and walking into Sam's outstretched arms and hugging him back.

"He is an idiot."

"What are you guys doing?" You broke away from Sam, seeing Harry looking at you two with an annoyed expression. "If you guys wanted to be alone, all you had to do was ask." He rolled his eyes, walking away from you two. You looked at Sam, who was trying to stifle a laugh.

"It isn't funny!" Sam couldn't help himself, letting his laugh out, louder than he expected it to be. It was contagious, and you couldn't help but laugh with him as he placed an arm around your shoulder, you two following Harry toward the car.