Colors Tell Stories (Third) // Tom Holland

Color: Green - The term "green-eyed monster" refers to a jealous person and the term "green with envy" stands for feelings of jealousy and envy. The color green stands for sickness, jealousy, and cowardice.

-

I woke up to another body in my bed, my head feeling fine. I don't remember drinking last night – or inviting anyone back here. I'm pretty sure the only girl with me last night was – oh shit. I leaned over the body slightly, seeing (Y/N) sound asleep, her head slightly shoved against the pillows. I smiled lightly, realizing we fell asleep somewhere between our fourth movie and our second box of pizza. I slowly pushed myself off the bed, heading toward the curtains to close them a little more, so the sun wouldn't wake her up.

I tiptoed out of the room, heading to the kitchen and seeing Jacob sitting at the counter. He nodded at me, going back to his phone. "Coffee in the pot." I patted his shoulder, a smile on my face as I rounded the corner. "What the hell has you all 'Smiley Miley' this morning? It's early, cut it out." I laughed lightly, taking out two cups. "Two?" I nodded.

"(Y/N) – the girl you met yesterday in the gym? She came over last night... not like that!" I rolled my eyes at his suggestive look. "We have this movie night twice a month, just a break from school. We fell asleep watching Legally Blonde."

"Legally Blonde?" He nearly choked on his coffee. I shrugged, nodding my head. "You hate that movie." I scoffed.

"No, I don't. Elle Woods is a very essential part of my life." Before either of us could say anything else, (Y/N) walked out of my room, cautiously walking into the kitchen. I cleared my throat, holding up a cup. "Coffee?" She shook her head. I noticed her bag in her hand.

"I, uh, I have to go. I have a date." My eyes widened slightly. "Yeah, Kyle asked me out."

"Kyle? Kyle Flemming? From our History class?" She nodded. "I, uh, I didn't even know you talked to each other." She shrugged.

"It was an arranged date – we apparently have mutual friends." I nodded. "We're going to Reggie's for some drinks." I pursed my lips, slowly putting the extra coffee cup away.

"Well, have fun." I didn't look at her, my jaw clenching as I hid my face behind the cabinet door.

"Oh... thanks. I'll see you later – I guess?" I hummed out an agreement, hearing a sigh leave her and then the door opening and closing. When the door shut, I slammed the cabinet, hearing the cupboards shake.

"Woah there, Hulk. Your green is showing." I rolled my eyes, picking the coffee pot up and pouring out some coffee.

"I'm not jealous. She could do whatever the fuck she wants."

"You sure there?" I sighed, shaking my head as I walked back to my room.

-

"Get up, we're going out." I grunted, feeling Tony drop all his weight on me. "We're going out for drinks – no more fuckin' moping."

"I'm not moping," I grumbled, shoving him off me. "I'm fine." Tony got back onto his feet, straightening out his shirt and rolling his eyes.

"Sure, we're going to Reggie's." I was pulling on my shoes, when I suddenly registered what he said.

"Reggie's?" I thought of who I might see there and groaned. "I don't want to go to Reggie's." I started to pull my shoes off, when a hand stopped me.

"Listen, I get that the love of your week," Jacob chuckled when I muttered the word 'dick' toward Tony, "but, you have to either let her realize she likes you or you have to realize she doesn't. Now," he bent down, tying my shoe. "Let's. Fucking. Go."

I sighed, looking toward Jacob for help, knowing full on I wasn't going to get any. "Harrison's waiting downstairs." I nodded, grabbing a sweatshirt and pulling it on, following Jacob and Tony out.

-

"It's too fucking loud in here!" Jacob rolled his eyes at me, slinging an arm around me.

"Are you going to at least try to have fun?" I shrugged, taking the beer that Tony was offering.

"Tom?" I turned around, seeing Kyle behind me. I nodded at him, bringing the bottle up to my lips and taking a swig.

"Hey, Kyle. Where's your date?" He rolled his eyes, causing my fist to clench in my front pants pocket.

"Fucking prude, that one. Dude, I've seen about three other girls here who'd give me a better time. She's literally just fucking sat at the table the whole night." He leaned into the bar, picking up two drinks. "Hoping this'll loosen her up." He winked, raising up a beer. I nodded, my jaw clenching as I tried to restrain myself from punching him. He punched my shoulder lightly, heading back to his table.

"What a fucking asshole." I waved at (Y/N) when she saw me, smiling when I saw her wave excitedly back. "Aren't you gonna get your girl?" I turned back to Tony, shaking my head.

"She's not my girl."

"Well, she clearly doesn't want to be his, either." He pointed over my shoulder. When I turned around I saw Kyle grabbing (Y/N)'s arm and yanking her back toward him while she pushed him away from her. I dropped my beer, speed-walking toward their table. I wounded up my fist, getting ready to punch Kyle straight in the face, but by the time I got to the table, Kyle had stumbled to the floor and (Y/N) was clenching her hand, swearing as she rubbed her knuckles.

"Holy shit, Rocky Balboa." She looked at me, tears in her eyes. "H-hey, you're okay." She tumbled over to me, wrapping her arms around my waist while mine automatically wrapped around her shoulders, one of my hands rubbing her back. "Hey, sh. You're okay. Want to go home?" She shook her head. "Want to go back to... my place?" She nodded against my chest, tightening her grip. "Okay, okay." I turned back to my group, seeing all three of them wave me off, giving me a thumb's up. I rolled my eyes, guiding her toward the exit.

"My fist hurts." I laughed lightly.

"Yeah, we better ice that when we get to my apartment." She nodded, getting into the passenger seat. I rounded the car and got into the driver's seat. Before I started the car, her hand stopped mine. I looked at her, seeing a small smile on her face.

"Thank you – I'm glad you were there."

"You didn't need me," I placed a hand on her cheek, my thumb rubbing soft circles on the apple of her cheek. "But, I'm glad I was there, too."