Goodnight Moon (Part 1) // Peter Parker

By Hufflepuffholland on Tumblr

Pairing: CA:CW!Peter Parker + Reader (Y/N)

Description: Reader and Peter have been friends for seven years, Peter let's it slip that he may feel a little more for the Reader while having a couple of drinks in his system.

Warnings: Fluff!

-

I grunted as Peter put more of his weight on me. I told him he shouldn't have drank this much (he could never handle his alcohol - no matter how many times he protested that he could), but he never listened to me when it came to me trying to take care of him, he argued that I "mothered" him too much. So, here we are: his arm around my shoulder subconsciously letting all of his dead weight rest on me.

"Can I please sit down?" His free hand rested on his forehead, trying to stop his throbbing headache, I'm sure.

"Yeah, I need a break, anyway." I looked at him as he sat on the curb outside of the house the party we came to was being held at.

"Will you sit next to me? I need somewhere to rest my head." I obliged while laughing softly at him. His head rested on my shoulder as my hand went to grab his. Our hands have fit together since we met seven years ago. Peter had been my favorite person for seven years. When we were thirteen he punched a kid who held me against a locker after I told him I didn't want to go out with him. Peter warned him not to touch me again, making the threat as a teacher dragged them both to the front office. I walked to the nearest dollar store and bought him a card and a box of heart-shaped candies as a thank you. I walked back to school and waited for detention to be over. When Peter walked out I went up to him and gave him what I had bought him, he blushed a little and told me I shouldn't have bought him anything, he was just being a decent human being. And although I agreed with him, I still wanted him to know I appreciated him. He's been by my side ever since.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Hm?"

"You're quiet. You have to be thinking about something, or else you'd be making fun of me." I laughed a little before nodding my head against his.
"I was thinking about the first day we met." Peter lifted his head to look at me, causing me to look at him and see the smile on his face, making me mirror it.

"I think about that day a lot."

"Oh? Why?"

"It's one of my favorite days, like, ever." He continued to smile at me and then looked down toward the pavement. "I remember the first day I saw you in English class. It wasn't the first day of school, though. No, it wasn't until the third week in. We had to learn a monologue from one of our favorite plays over the summer and then recite it to the class. You picked The Taming of the Shrew, remember why?" I didn't have to answer, I knew why and so did he. I had only heard of the play because it was readapted into one of my favorite movies. "You got up there and you didn't look at anyone... but me. You looked at me as you spoke and I wanted to look away, but I couldn't, and I guess you couldn't either."

"I thought you were cute."

He looked up at me with wide eyes. "What?!"

I shrugged at him, "I thought you were cute. You were the first person I saw when I got up there and when you saw me and our eyes locked, I somehow didn't remember how to divert my eyes anywhere else."

It was quiet for a while, until he reached out and took my hand in his. "I thought you were cute, too. I mean, I still do."

I felt my face get hot at the compliment but I ignored it, looking up at him to smile. He smiled back and we sat there looking at each other for a few seconds, just like that time when we were thirteen in English class. Peter's smile fell a little as his expression grew serious. I almost asked him what was wrong until I saw him leaning in. To what? To kiss me? I didn't want to find out. Not like this. I placed my hand on his chest, pushing him back a little, causing him to open his eyes and his mouth to fall open in shock.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just - I - you're drunk." He shook his head, begging me to stop talking.

"You don't have to explain yourself. No is no. I'm sorry. I shouldn't - I shouldn't have done that, I'm drunk. I'm not - I'm okay. I'm sorry." I grabbed his hand only to have him pull it away from me, shoving both of them into his pockets as he stood up. I stood up along with him.

"Peter-."

"My head is feeling better. Will you just drive me home?"

"Peter I just-."

"(Y/N), it's okay. Really, I'm okay. I'm just really tired. Please?"

I sighed before helping Peter walk to my car and getting him settled in before walking toward the driver's seat, thinking about everything that just happened.

The car ride was silent with the exception of the very low music playing from the radio. I think it was Go Radio or maybe it was Coldplay, my thoughts were too loud to hear anything else - I wonder if Peter was thinking about it, too. We pulled up to his apartment and I stopped the car.

"Peter, wait." He closed the door he had already opened and then looked at me.

"I think we should talk about-."

"(Y/N), I'm really drunk. Can we talk when I'm sober? Besides it isn't a big deal. Honestly, it's just – you're my favorite person, I was just blinded by nostalgia. I just appreciate you. You're the one who gave me the heart shaped chocolates, remember?" He smiled a little at me, resting his hand on top of mine that rested on the steering wheel.

I smiled back at him, taking his hand and squeezing it lightly, him returning it. "Okay. We'll talk tomorrow?"

He nodded before leaning over to kiss my cheek, "Goodnight, moon."

"Goodnight, sun." He got out and I watched to make sure he got into his apartment safely before driving back to my place, still not being able to forget what happened on the curb.