Chapter 10 - Police Report

Matapos ang tawag, dumiretso ako sa desk ng aking EA.

"Jill, aalis ako!"

"Po?"

"Ikaw na muna'ng bahala."

"Ng-ngayon na po kayo aalis?"

"Yes!"

Dali-dali akong naglakad paalis dala-dala pa rin ang aking laptop.

I can't wait to see it so I'm rushing my way home. Naniniwala akong naroon ang kasagutan ng ilan sa aming mga tanong. Sana malinis ang report. Kapag napag-aralan ko ito, pwede na naming umpisahan ang paghahanap ng mga clues na makakalutas sa kaso.

Kutob ko kasi talaga may foul play at hindi ako mapapanatag hangga't hindi ko naku-kumpirma kung tama ang kutob ko o hindi.

Bagama't may katuwiran din ang mga investigators sa pag-deklara na heart attack ang talagang ikinamatay niya and there was no foul play lalo't wala namang nakitang physical abuse, for me, kailangan pa rin ng masusing imbestigasyon dahil sa pagkalaslas ng pulso ni Dad.

Napabuntong-hininga ako!

If it's a murder, the culprit is really smart and his method is really tricky.

Pagkatapos ng ilang minuto, nakarating ako sa bahay.

Ipinasok ko ang sasakyan sa gate at agad akong lumabas.

"Can you drive?" I asked the guard.

"Opo ser."

Ibinato ko sa kaniya ang susi.

"Park it well," utos ko at dumiretso ako sa bahay.

"Si Matt?" agad kong tanong sa isa sa mga maids.

"N-nandoon po sa taas," sambit niya na ang tinutukoy ay either sa office niya or bedroom.

Agad akong nagtungo roon. I checked my watch. It's 11:15 am.

I think he's in his office.

I knocked as I reached the door of his office then I opened it.

Andoon nga siya and he's playing chess alone at the sofa.

Napa-tingin siya sa kaniyang relo the moment he sees me.

"10 minutes ago, Rob is here!"

"Where is it?" wala nang paligoy-ligoy pa, hinanap ko agad ang report.

"He called you up?" tanong niya habang pa-punta siya sa kaniyang desk.

"That's why I'm here!"

Hindi siya umimik. Inabot lang niya sa 'kin ang isang folder na naglalaman ng dokumento.

"Great," sambit ko nang mahawakan ko ito.

"Good luck, Mr. Detective," Pabiro niyang sambit.

"Thank you Mr. Strategist," bawi ko.

He just rolled his eyes as if he didn't like what I said then he sat at the sofa.

"Binasa mo na?" I asked.

"I'm too bored to do that, man. Just do the honor and kindly inform me of it!"

"Okay! Give me time."

Nagpaalam ako para magtungo sa opisina ni Dad so I can concentrate myself.

This report contains all the details, evidences, clues that is connected to Dad's death.

Well, I don't expect this to be complete lalo't balita ko, in the midst of investigation, it was declared that my Dad died of heart attack. But at least some crucial details are here.

I sat at the elongated desk habang naka+taas ang dalawa kong paa with my shoes on.

I read it comprehensively while closely checking every details in it.

To whom it may concern,

I. Time/Date/Place of Incident

1. On or about 9:00 o'clock in the morning of 20th day of January, 2018 at Welch Mart Corp, Manila

II. Victim/s
1. Barry Perez Welch, 55 years old, born on 12th day of December 1963, native of Manila, divorced
Chief Executive Officer at the Welch Mart Corporation, Manila

III. Suspect/s
1. Unidentified

IV. Involved objects
1. Possibly sharp objects

V. Witnesses
1. No witness obtained; still for follow-up investigation

VI. Report

At about 9:15 am of January 20, 2018, a phone call received by this station informing the police of an alleged murder incident at the Welch Mart Corporation building in Manila. Elements of the station together with the duty investigator immediately responded and proceeded to the said area. Initial investigation conducted disclosed that around 8:30 am, the victim arrived at the office and immediately requested for a coffee to his executive secretary, identified as Jill Angeles, 24 years old. Around 8:40 am, after the coffee was delivered, the victim went out of the office to deliver a document to Mr. Dan Ferrer, the Chairman of the Board. Around 8:45 am, the victim returned to his office. Before 9:00 am, the EA tried to call the victim because the chief operating officer, Allison Gabriel was looking for him. Because he's not answering after three calls, the EA and COO decided to get inside and the victim was found unconscious beside the desk in a sideward position and bloody wrist but no deadly weapon or any sharp objects were found. According to the EA, there were no sounds heard from the inside. She did not see anyone enter the victim's office. They did not also see anyone inside apart from the victim's body. Upon checking the CCTV, no outsider or suspicious person have seen entered the victim's office. However, upon examining the body by the forensics, they discovered that his death was due to heart attack and that no physical abuse were found apart from the cut in the wrist. The death was declared to be 8:55 am and the cut in the wrist was done at 8:58 am. It was clear that somebody has done it but because of the forensics' report which is considered as strong evidence, the case should be closed because the victim died a natural death.

Napa-suntok ako sa mesa nang matapos ko itong basahin. Nag-init ang katawan ko sa galit.

Alam naman pala nila na kagagawan ng ibang tao ang laslas sa pulso niya, hindi pa nila itinuloy ang imbestigasyon.

Napatingin ako kung sinong investigator ang in-charge.

Juanito Santiago ang pangalan niya.

I think I'll be needing you, but not yet...for now!

Napabuntong-hininga ako!

So ang EA at COO pala ang unang nakakita kay Dad.

Kung iba-base sa report na 'to, maiisip mo talagang napaka-galing ng pagkaka-set up. As if hindi nga talaga galing sa loob ang....let's say nag-cut sa wrist niya pero hindi rin pwedeng 'yon lang ang magiging basehan.

I think I need to watch these two closely. The EA and the COO!