59

Kacey

"Kacey! How was your night?" My seat partner, Kira, asked.

Listen. When I met Kira, I thought my wolf had found a human body to possess completely. Not only did they share a name, but the vibes were damn near the same.

Kira is one of my few human friends. Well... my only human friend. I promise it's by accident! I have nothing against other creatures. If you can call humans "creatures". I think we're all creatures in a way.

The school is mixed with vampires, werewolves, humans, fairies, etc. Despite the stories, we all get along pretty well. Well, not exactly with her. Our school is split into two parts based on last names and, unfortunately, she got the short end of the stick.

Her part just so happened to be in a very conservative territory. Because she's a lesbian, she's kind of an outcast there. I feel so bad because I'm bisexual and Jack's gay, but we've never been shut out because of it. I'm glad this is a class that only exists in one room because she really needs a break from that half of the school sometimes.

"It was fun! My friends and I went to the fair. How was yours?" I asked.

She looked around to make sure no one was paying any attention to us.

This must be good.

"Girl. Do you know Chloe?"

"Of course! Everybody does."

Chloe is the head cheerleader that everybody loves. Susan was always hating on her when we were friends, though. She gets really jealous of pretty girls despite her attractiveness. Maybe she was jealous of Chloe actually having a nice personality?

"Don't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. You're the only person here that I trust except for Jason and Ethan."

Jason and Ethan are the captain and co-captain of the football team. They are also her best friends. They really went against the cliché by being friends with her. She told me that they've been friends since elementary school, which is the cutest thing ever. Since the school is split up and I don't pay attention to the sports teams here, I only know about them through Kira.

But, I've seen them a few times when I was out and about and they're shorter than me by about an inch or two. I could've sworn you had to be a giant to play football! Goodness, keep me out of sports conversations.

"I won't! I swear! What happened?" I was all in.

"So first I should say... Chloe and I are dating."

I gasped so hard that my lungs nearly jumped out. "WH-" She hurried and covered my mouth so that I wouldn't finish.

"No one can know!" she said, uncovering my mouth. "The only reason I'm telling you is because I trust you. Normally I wouldn't tell anyone because I don't agree with outing people, but Chloe would scream it from the rooftops if I let her."

"Why won't you let her?"

She sighed, putting her head down. "You know my half of the school is conservative. I'm the only out person on campus and they can't stand me. It makes me scared for all of my classmates who are still in the closet. I don't want them to end up like me. Especially Chloe."

Aww.

Things over there definitely need to change. Just think! If my name was 'Jones' or something, I'd be in the same position. Jack is lucky he was just one letter off because he would've gotten trapped on that side as well.