49~

Kacey

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. Oddly enough, it didn't wake any of the other twenty werewolves that were sleeping in our bedroom.

Answering it, I raised it to my ear and whispered, "Hello?", my voice coming out raspy.

Immediately after, my brother's voice came booming through the other end.

"Kacey! Thank the heavens you're okay! Mom told me what happened at the pack! She said they were notified on their vacation and came home! Was anyone hurt?! I'm already back home because I wanted to sniff your and Rocky's hoodies to relax me!"

"Trevor, we're-"

"Oh my goodness! Did Spencer die?! I was supposed to tutor him! He was such a good guy!"

I didn't know that they were going to be notified! Hopefully they weren't informed of my pregnancy.

"Spencer and I are fine! I do have some pretty intense news, though."

I used the word "intense" because I didn't want to say bad. It's not ideal, but I'm not upset that I'm pregnant and I don't want my parents to be upset either.

"What is it? Oh my goodness! Is it Rocky? I know I pick on her all the time but she's my wombmate, bro! That's my built-in bestie! I need her-!"

I sat and listened as he started projecting all of his problems onto me.

"God, it's so hard without you guys even though Clara and I have been spending a lot of time together! Mom and dad just got back a few hours ago and they were worried, but dad was yelling at me for crying! They said I've been crying since I was a baby, but that's only because being born is a traumatic experience and they could never understand!"

"We were born, too, stupid!" Dad yelled from a distance.

"Is my bestie okay? I know I always hated that word when she used it, but it's growing on me!"

"Breathe, Trevor! Everyone is perfectly fine!"

I heard him take a lot of heavy breaths as he calmed down. "...really?"

Trevor has always been a worrier. He freaks out when the slightest thing happens to any of us. He nearly ran all the way from Puerto Rico just to stuff himself into my suitcase and come along.

"Yes, Trevor. Just tell mom and dad about the news and have them imagine the worst thing possible," I ordered, hoping my news would be better than whatever they predict.

"Kacey, are you alright?"

Uh-oh. That's "about-to-cry" Trevor.

Gosh, I hate when he's upset.

"Yes," I said with a smile that he couldn't see.

I looked around to distract from the sadness that I felt, almost jumping when I saw Shanaya lying on the floor asleep.

She must've fallen out of bed.

Soon enough, she starts waking up. "I have to go, Trevor."

"Okay... I love you Kacey..."

He's definitely going to cry when we hang up.

"I love you too, Trevor. I'll see you soon."

I hung up the phone.

Shanaya yawned and asked, "Who's Trevor?"

"My brother. He was worried about us."

"How come he didn't come but Rocky did?"