51

Kacey's POV

"10,9,8..." we were all counting down to when Chuck was coming out. I've never been so excited than I am for these.

"3,2,1!" He comes out with music. I try to cheer him on as the children run to hug him, but Spencer and James had other plans.

They shoved Shanaya and me past the children so that we could hug them. I guess they completely forgot how the human body worked because they said that if we get close enough, then the babies can hug Chuck, too.

"Say cheese!" Spencer and James say and we awkwardly and apologetically smile at the kids' pouting faces.

After getting our pictures, we go back to the table and finish our pizza.

The two boys that Rocky invited, Dylan and Jake, are sitting with us. "Thank you for the pizza Ms. Rocky." They both thank my sister in unison.

She gives them both high fives. "Thank you brave soldiers. You may go back to your parents." They salute and scurry off to their parents.

Rocky goes back to stuffing her face as Kyle watches her in amazement with his head resting in his hands. "You are really something. You should challenge your alpha for his spot."

Rocky snorts in response. "Nah cause my daddy's a warrior and I don't need him getting fired when I lose."

Kyle laughs and almost chokes on his pizza while somehow still smiling cutely at her response. She laughs and puts his arm around herself.

I've never been happier for my sister than I was when she told me she met Kyle. I could even tell over the phone that she was head over heels in love. As Trevor and Rocky's big sister, I always want the best for them. Being the oldest has meant a lot of responsibility and I was always happy to fulfill my duties.

After tonight Rocky and Kyle will have to go back to being an hour apart but luckily it's only twenty minutes if they run in wolf form. And it's even more romantic if they meet in the forest halfway there and I know how much they love cheesy things like that.

Speaking of going back home, "You all packed before we left right?" Tyler asks.

Everyone murmurs in agreement including me and Spencer.

We lied.

His eyes narrow at all of us with a little disbelief. "Good. We leave at 6 in the morning to avoid traffic. It gets busy at around 7 here. Do not be late." He orders sternly.

"Yes sir." We all say in unison and he nods his head.

"You said you were packed!" Tyler yells from downstairs. Turns out Spencer and I weren't the only bullshitters.

"Sorry!"

Spencer scatters around our bedroom. "Kacey have you seen my toothbrush?" He asks in a panic.

I struggle to get my shoes on since the bump was already growing. That's a huge con to being a werewolf. You go through stages a lot quicker. "It's already packed."

"What about my-"

"It's in the second zipper." He checks and sighs in relief.

"Thanks!" He closes his bag and looks at me with a smile. "Ready?"

I finally get my second shoe on and cheer, although it felt a bit tight. "Aha! Yep!"

He zips up the last suitcase and helps me off the bed, looking me up and down.

"Your shoes are on the wrong feet."

I shut my eyes tightly and let out a groan of frustration. "Argh! Whatever let's go."