43•

Third Person's POV

Spencer and Kacey had just arrived at the table and Shanaya spotted them with wide eyes. "You guys are finally here! Look how much candy I got!" She exclaims while eating it with a bright smile.

Kacey was a bit too distracted to keep the energy so she gave her a thumbs up as she slid into the long booth with Spencer.

Tyler and Sara have already made themselves comfortable on the other end.

The two of them were too deep in conversation to notice their friends enter.

They couldn't find it in eachother to stop grinning. It was a surprise their cheeks didn't fall off.

Sara didn't understand why everyone thought he was boring. She was able to see into him and finish his own thoughts. It was a rush for him finding someone who understood.

When Kacey and Spencer spotted them, no jealousy was felt. It was simply a 'don't mind them' situation.

Alpha James saw his own mate growing a bit too hyper and carefully eased the candy away from her. "Baby, you know candy makes you hyper. Maybe you should take a break from it. And when was the last time you did your medita-" He's cut off by Shanaya shoving a sour straw into his mouth.

"No it doesn't! I'm fine. But I want a burgerrrr!"

James rolls his eyes and chews the candy that she shoved into his mouth. "You're going to get your burgerrr."

She huffs and pouts at his mocking expression. "Why is it taking so long?"

"We just sat down. Patience."

She whines, "You know I don't have that!"

"Oh trust me I know," James says smugly resulting in a slap on the arm.

Minutes later, the waitress comes. "Hi guys! Welcome to Dave N Buster's. My name is Amy, can I start you all off with something to drink?"

One by one, she takes the orders of everyone at the table before reaching Shanaya.

"Root Beer please?" Shanaya answers and the waitress smiles at her and writes it down.

"I love your hair." The waitress compliments her. Shanaya's hair was down and there were a lot of flowers in it.

"Thanks, I like to add little flowers to it to attract butterflies!"

The waitress's eyes widen in surprise. "Are you a sprite?" Shanaya eagerly nods. "I love reading about sprites! You're the only one in existence! I'm a bunny!"

Shanaya gasped. "I'm a bunny, too! And others!"

James watched their conversation in amusement.

It's like everything she did had James in awe.

Kacey watched in envy as James kept his eyes glued on his mate.

I want that, Kacey thought to herself.

Little did she know there was someone right beside her, unable to take his own eyes away.

"My bunny's name is Bella! She attracts other small animals kind of like you attract butterflies."

"Oh you should-!" Shanaya stops, feeling herself ramble, and hangs her head down. "Sorry."

"You're okay! I always get really excited when I meet other creatures like me. But my shift is about to be over and I can easily find someone to cover me here! Do you want to come to the VIP room and talk about bunny things?"

That was all Shanaya needed to hear to hop out of her seat. "Yes!"

It was an absolute miracle that her cheeks didn't fall off from the smiling.

James stood as well, making Shanaya's smile turn into a harsh glare.

"You weren't invited."

He chuckled, patting her head. "Oh baby, I'm always invited."

She growled as they all walked away.

Jay looked around the table with offended eyes. "Y'all saw my best friend get snatched from me, right?"

"Yep!"

"Sure did!"

"Go fight for her, dude!"

Jay was determined to do exactly as he was told, hopping out of the both and into the direction of his friend.

Rocky, who had been very noticeably stomping her feet on the floor, whined. "That's it, I can't hold it anymore! Kacey, if the waitress comes back, order for me." That was all she said before crawling underneath the table, not waiting for Kyle to let her out of the booth.

Kacey wanted to laugh at how obvious her little sister was. She always made it clear when she had to use the bathroom. Trevor did the exact same thing. They have more similarities than they think.

Kyle gazed at her lovingly as she exited.

So far him, James, and Jack have the most stable relationships out of all of them.

Once she was out of his sight, he turned to the other 'couples'. "So... I see none of you are sitting with your mates. What's the deal?"

Spencer internally cursed, hoping no one would have noticed.

Tyler and Sara had to rip themselves away from their own conversation. Spencer decided to speak first.

"Kacey and I have been competing with eachother all night, so we sort of decided just to meet you guys here."

Kacey changed the subject before Kyle could respond. "Sara, did you have fun with Jack and Nick?"

Nick's nose scrunched in confusion. "With us? I saw her with Tyler most of the time. Jack and I were making out over here."

Spencer and Kacey felt that hard as they looked to Sara for answers.

"Oh really?" Kacey asked, trying not to let it get to her. "What did y'all do?"

Sara nervously chewed her lip. "Not much... we just played ski ball and talked when the others started getting all intimate with each other. What did you guys do?"

Kacey nodded slowly in comprehension, answering simply, "The ticket wheel and gift shop. That's pretty much it."

Sara nodded her head in understanding as the table grew silent. Painfully silent.

That was when the four noticed a shift. A shift that would never be fixed.