39•

¥¥¥
Tyler

¥¥¥Kacey's POV

¥¥¥
Kacey's POV

After all of that craziness was over, we all decided to settle down in the living room and watch a movie until the front door opens.

"Hello... you guys look comfortable." Tyler says when he sees us all cuddled up with a large blanket.

We all groan in response.

"How was your meeting?" I ask him.

He rolls his eyes. "It was great except for the part where Kyle accidentally offended one of the elders of the Ace Pack."

Rocky smacks her teeth. "He always finds some way to accidentally offend someone. It's like he can't help it."

Tyler scoffs. "And that's probably what you like about him."

Rocky coos and touches her heart. "How did you know?"

Tyler playfully sighs. "Anyway, Nick is down there trying to dig him out of that hole. They should be here any minute." He sits in the chair beside all of us.

Shanaya peaks her head out from under the covers. "Where's my man?" She asks with a pout.

"Here I am!" James comes running inside and he immediately tackles Shanaya, who just so happens to be two inches away from me. She starts giggling and he kisses her all over.

I wish I had that... pouty face.

Tyler smiles uncomfortably at them and changes the subject. "Soo... how was your day?"

Jack says, "oop," before looking over at me.

I just stuff my face with chips.

Tyler's eyes squint in suspicion. "Is somebody gonna speak up?"

Sara snickers and I glare at her, silently telling her not to tell. She then huffs and slumps in her seat.

Hehe. No snitches today.

"Kacey punched a girl!" I gasp as I'm betrayed by my own sister.

Tyler's jaw drops. "What?"

He stares at me and I try my best to avoid his gaze.

"Kacey please tell me you had a good reason because if word gets out that the future Luna assaulted one of the pack members-"

I groan. "They were harassing us! They were relentless so it seemed like... violence was the only way to go..." I mumble the last part, hearing how bad it sounded.

He sighs and rubs his temples. "Who were they?"

"Some blonde and her red haired friend."

He freezes and lifts his head up.

"Shit!" He mutters and stands. "Excuse me, I've got to make a phone call." He disappears into the kitchen.

What was that about?

He stays in the kitchen for a little while until the front door opens.

Nick and Kyle come rushing in, greeting their mates with tight hugs before walking over to Tyler.

"Shut your ears." He orders in his alpha voice. Anything said will be a mystery to us.

Judging by their facial expressions, they seemed to be frustrated.

Suddenly Kyle pulls away and I can see him mouth, "What the fuck?"

Tyler visibly snarls and pulls away.

Good thing we were all being nosy. We were all able to see him give us a thumbs up.

Jay and Shanaya snicker. "Teehee," Shanaya starts. "Y'all werewolves had to close your ears and we got to hear what they were saying." She high fives Jay.

"Then what did they say?"

She suddenly pouts and digs her head into her mate's chest. "I don't know, they were still too quiet."

The doorbell rings and Nick tries to control his heavy breathing while answering it. I'm struck by two familiar scents and lookie lookie at who's walking in.

Blondie looks up at Tyler, trying to look innocent as she bats her eyelashes. "Hi, i-is something wrong?"

Spencer scoffs. "I didn't hear you stuttering with those shady ass comments." He mutters while scratching his head resulting in a slap on the arm by Sara.

Tyler smirks scarily at her.

This can't be good.

For her, at least.

"Hello, Rebecca. It's been a while." I'm hit with flashbacks from middle school. Whenever I acted up at school, my mom would be nice to me during the car ride home... until we got there and she brought out her belt.

"It has..." her voice is timid. Something I wasn't expecting from her in a million years.

"Did anything interesting happen today?"

Rebecca looks at her red headed friend, who just puts her head down. Then she looks at me. Fear flashes in her eyes as she pleads with Tyler. "I'm sorry! I just needed her to know how we feel about eachother!" She's still hanging onto their little 'love story'?

Tyler sighs and rubs his temples in frustration. "Rebecca, we slept together once. I told you before and after that it meant nothing. We are not mates."

Rebecca's mood turns from scared to angry.

Should we be here?

"You are my mate! I felt it! We were meant to be together!"

I hear tapping on the tile floor of the living room beside me. Sara is tapping her foot and breathing heavy.

I guess this girl really irks her.

"No, your mate is the man that you rejected last month because you were so hooked on a connection between us that was never there!"

Rebecca growls. "We belong together." She says sternly. Tyler decides he's done with her as he orders Nick and Kyle to take her to their dungeon.

She kicks and screams 'I love you!' as she's carried out of the house.

Her red headed friend is speechless as she watches her friend get taken away to the dungeon.

"I-... I'm sorry." She says to me.

She wasn't nearly as bad as Rebecca so I saw no reason to hold anything against her.

"Rebecca can choke, though."

"Period."

Tyler looks her dead in the eye. "Go home, Sam."

The redhead, Sam, bows to Tyler and me before scurrying out the door.

Spencer, of course, isn't satisfied with her ending. "What the hell? That girl was just as bad as that blonde bitch." Spencer doesn't use the word 'bitch' often unless the person is really deserving. He says in that case it would 'disrespectful to him if he didn't call her a bitch'.

I kind of agree.

Tyler takes a seat. "Listen, I know Sam. She was only a rogue when I met her. She didn't have anyone. Rebecca's family took her in and gave her a life. She couldn't find it in her to leave Rebecca despite the perpetual trouble she caused."

Spencer purses his lips and nods in understanding.

"Now," Tyler's countenance switches to happy in an instant. "who's up for Dave N' Busters?"