Chapter 38: Pursuit of happiness

Jimin was in the bathroom of his own room. Jungkook finally allowed him to leave the room, wash up and have a moment to himself before he was to come back to the King's bedroom again.

            Jimin was taking a moment in the bath looking up as he rested back against the elegant bath. "So far... My time here was just a mess.." Jimin said in his head as he closed his eyes. He can see Jungkook kissing him again and again, even from what happened earlier... "How could you kiss me like that and not say you love me?" Jimin questioned. He knew Jungkook would never like to open up to others or even his Adviser. It was like Jungkook was hoping to be lonely for the rest of his life.

               As soon as Jimin got out of the bathroom, he realized he took up most of the time in the bath and ate pretty much nothing the whole day. Jimin was already feeling very sleepy because of it. Jimin walked to the cabinets with his white robe not realizing Adviser Yang was standing by the door.

           "Did you enjoy a long hour with the King?" Adviser Yang asked as he folded his arms.

           Jimin quickly turned around to see the man standing there by the door. "I-I thought I locked the door..." Jimin whispered.

             Adviser Yang then held up a key to Jimin's room. "I have keys to all rooms."

              "But that's invading everyone's privacy... You ca-"

               "Did I ask for your opinion?" Adviser Yang hissed as Jimin flinched. "You can not be going to the king to deal with your pleasure... What's wrong with you? King Jungkook does not need you.. He may want you to be his Jester but the King does NOT want to fall in love with you!"

           "How would you know..?" Jimin whispered as Adviser Yang tilted his head and let out a laugh.

            "You? You think a circus fool like you would ever have a chance with the King? There's a reason why he never wants to marry and that's because he doesn't want to hand over a crown to some low life like you!"

             "W-why do you hate me so much?! What did I ever do to you? I just came here to make Jungkook happy... Then you want to hate me... Yet you don't know anything about me.." Jimin shot back as Adviser Yang dropped his key into his pocket while he glared at Jimin. 

              "Silence. I have many ways to make you look bad infront of King Jungkook." Adviser Yang replied and looked at Jimin. "Seeing a peasant like you in a castle makes me sick.."

              Jimin stayed silent. He didn't understand why he was looked down upon for just being in a circus act... He hated all of this. "Get out..." Jimin said as Adviser Yang smiled.

           "It would be my pleasure." Adviser Yang responded as he left the room. Jimin sat on the bed placing his hand over his stomach. Now he was feeling horrible and just decided to sit down and not meet Jungkook in his room.

           Jimin changed into a sleeved white shirt, black loose bottoms to sleep. He climbed onto the bed and turned off the light as he layed in bed hugging the silk red blanket Jungkook gave him. "I hate this place.." Jimin whispered as he already had thoughts to go home. He just needed to escape Jungkook. No matter how much he grew closer to Jungkook, Jimin just wished the Adviser would leave him alone. It wasn't fair to Jimin since he was treated differently just because he made others smile through his performances.

           Eventually, Jimin fell asleep feeling hungry and payed no attention to this. When night time came around, Jungkook knocked on Jimin's door and waited out in the hall way for Jimin... But no answer.

              "Jimin? The door is open.." Jungkook said still waiting on the other side of the door. "Did you eat today? I-it's night time.. I'm waiting for you out in my balcony.. Jimin? Did you go to sleep?" Jungkook kept asking. Only then, he came up with an idea and walked away from the door to bring Jimin something. Soon, Jungkook returned to the door with bags of food he made the chef cook up. It took a while but Jungkook didn't care. He knew Jimin didn't eat anything at all and grew very worried. Jungkook had to bring alot of food for Jimin.

              Jungkook carried four bags of hot cooked foods in containers for Jimin and held a pair of chopsticks, fork and knife  in his hands as he opened the door seeing Jimin was asleep. Jungkook sighed and set the food on the bedside cabinet and walked up to the bed where he sat down to wake Jimin up. "Jimin... Jimin..." Jungkook tried to wake up Jimin but Jimin refused.

             "..Go away.." Jimin responded sleepily.

               "No." Jungkook responded as he sat Jimin up. "I brought you something to eat.. Please wake up, Jimin."

                 Jimin rubbed his eyes and looked at Jungkook. "I don't want to eat... Stop treating me so kindly... I doubt you go to each and every staff you have to ask them if they have eaten." Jimin replied. "Let me sleep..."

           Jungkook then kissed Jimin on the cheek and turned on the lamp as he brought up the bags. "Here.. I made the chef cook many side dishes for you." Jungkook said as he brought up the bag that had a main dish. "This is the steak meal." Jungkook said as he placed the steak container on Jimin's lap. "Side dishes are steamed potatoes, carrots and broccoli, mushrooms, a bowl of rice, kimchi, and I brought another main dish which is seaweed soup! And of course a bottle of tea for you here too!" Jungkook claimed as he set all of the food down infront of Jimin. "Oh and here's the soy sauce." Jungkook said as he pointed to a small container that held the soy sauce in it.

          Jimin looked up at Jungkook in tears. "Thank you..." Jimin responded as Jungkook cupped Jimin's cheek and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

           Jungkook had many ways of showing how much he loved Jimin, it made Jimin happy to know that out of all the negative words he received from the Adviser, Jungkook was the one who made Jimin feel happy again. Even if it was supposed to be the other way around.