Chapter 15: Guilt

"Jimin... Are you kidding me?! You really did sign the contract!" Taehyung shouted as Jimin flinched.

              "I know we are family here.. But I feel bad that the King doesn't have anyone with him and he wants to smile.. A-and I wanted to make him happy... I didn't mean to betray you I just want to do what I always wanted to do... make others happy. It's not my fault Taehyung!" Jimin tightened his eyes shut expecting Taehyung to shove him or hit him. But the Ringmaster just teared up...

            "... I cared for you... I didn't want you to leave like this..." Taehyung said. "I don't want you to leave.. Please don't leave... You may be just a performer to me but you are my best friend!" Taehyung begged as Jimin felt guilty. It was like his throat grew parched, his stomach had butterflies and he only felt mad at himself now.

              "I'm not going to leave you forever! I'll come back to see you all.. I promise I won't stop visiting." Jimin said but Taehyung shook his head.

                "LIAR! You're a liar... A liar.. You don't understand! You made a promise you won't leave all of us but you broke that promise to go for the King!" Taehyung shouted wiping his tears and walking up to grab Jimin by the wrist. "I won't end your contract..."

              Only then, Hoseok heard the loud shouting from the kitchen and hurried to the stairs to see Taehyung was there grabbing Jimin by his wrist as Jimin tried to pull his hand away. The leader didn't want to loose his best friend like this... Especially to a shady King not even all of the people knew about. In fact, no one knew much about Jeon Jungkook and just went by the fact that he was considered nice. Yet living soul knew what was under that golden crown.

            "Hey! What's going on?" Hoseok asked as a few performers pointed their attention towards the two on the stairs. "Taehyung? What's wrong"

             "That King... I knew he would ask Jimin to be his Jester! I knew it all along... I'm so upset that he actually did this and I bet he bribed you into this!" Taehyung raised his voice again as he held Jimin's wrist tighter. "TELL ME THE TRUTH!"

                 "I CHOSE TO SIGN IT! I WANTED TO MAKE HIM HAPPY... HE'S THE KING AND HIS PEOPLE CAN'T SEE HIM LIKE THIS! I JUST WANT TO HELP HIM!" Jimin cried as Hoseok pulled Taehyung's hand away and stood in the middle blocking the two from hurting eachother any further.

               "Taehyung... Calm down!" Hoseok said as he cupped his friends face. "Go walk it off.." Hoseok told the younger as he turned to Jimin.

           "I just wanted to help the King... I don't want him to feel alone, I just want to do what's right. He said he won't give up on trying to get me to work for him. He's persistent... Seeing him smile like that was like a big game changer for me. He wants me to entertain him and I feel like that's what will make him be more open..."

                Taehyung rolled his eyes and stormed out of the room, heading outside to the porch as Hoseok sighed and focused on Jimin. "It's okay if you want to achieve greater things now. We are all like family and we want what's best for you. We want you to be happy and if you think of pursuing this and entertaining Jungkook, that's fine by us." Hoseok said with a smile. He wasn't only like a sunshine to his friends, but he was also a peacemaker who fixed issues between the group.

             "Thank you... But I don't think I'll end up doing so anyways. Taehyung doesn't want me to go..." Jimin stated as he held up the letter. "I doubt he'll want to go out and meet with the King to settle this.."

                 Hoseok tilted his head as he stared at the letter. The older boy grabbed it and looked at Jimin. "I'll talk to him. Don't worry. Just focus on taking that makeup off and change your clothes. You don't want to stretch out the costume too much." Hoseok said with a smile as Jimin nodded and thanked Hoseok for doing such a nice thing. Hoseok was always the one who resolved things between two members so it was very kind of him to actually care for the group's problems.

             Jimin went upstairs to clean his face in the bathroom. Jimin carried a small towel of his and walked up to the mirror as he began to wash off his makeup. The colors faded as he managed to wipe off almost all of the marks.

          "Does that really make Taehyung angry? Losing me to the King?" Jimin thought as he looked at his mini towel. "Just because he has a stupid contract with my name on it doesn't mean he owns me! This isn't fair to me..." Jimin said with the makeup on his face, fading away.

             Jimin just hoped Hoseok can get through to Taehyung and get him to agree... The Ringmaster was really tough to understand. He cared about each and every one of his performers but, cared about Park Jimin and Hoseok much more. They were his good friends ever since they joined the group. They were the three best friends and practiced together... But all of that started to shatter when Jungkook only wanted Jimin and no one else... These things alone made Jimin frustrated too, why was he soo important to the King?

             From what he was told, Jungkook only cared for Jimin because, there was something to him he couldn't put his finger on. Jimin had this type of moxie, the emotion and entertainment that got Jungkook on the edge of his seat. It only made Taehyung feel very jealous for some odd reason. He never loved Jimin in a romamtic way, he only thought it wasn't fair that he was going to loose his best friend to Jungkook. A king that no one knew much about... Who knows what Jimin was really signing up for!

              Although, this was the only question that wandered in Taehyung's head. Surely many other people will think about this too... What is a Circus Puppet going to do for a shady, isolated King like Jeon Jungkook?