Chapter 12: Offer

Jimin was standing in the throne room as Jungkook told him to stay where he was... To not make a sound or move a muscle. Jimin was nervous just having Jungkook stare at him and rub his chin. Jimin was getting sick of it. "My King, If you like to stare at me alot.. Why don't you have a painting of me.. Or a photo.." Jimin stated as he looked up at the king.

         Jungkook rose up from his throne again and adjusted his black suit with floral designs that went well with his royal golden crown. Jungkook lifted his crown to roll his hair back and expose his forehead. This alone made Jimin gulp, thinking he made the King angry.

           "Or... I can have you here everyday." Jungkook said. He didn't think it was wrong for him to say that but Jimin's eyes widened.

            "What do you mean by that?" Jimin replied as the doors opened and Yoongi walked in to pick Sumi up.

            "I hope I'm not bothering." Yoongi said to the King as he walked up to his daughter and picked her up into his arms. Jimin and Jungkook seemed to be busy so the last thing Yoongi wanted was to bother the two. "Let's go, Princess." Yoongi said as Sumi yawned and hugged her father as he held her in his arms. The royal messenger walked out of the throne room with his daughter, catching the last glimpse of the king and circus performer.

              "Have you eaten yet? Let's have a meal together." Jungkook insisted but Jimin shook his head.

               "I'll... Have to go back with my group and I need to get my pay." Jimin stated as he refused the offer. "Have a good day." Jimin claimed as he turned around ready to leave when he heard Jungkook let out a laugh.

           "It wasn't a question... You will have a meal with me." Jungkook said as he held out his hand. "You can't say no to the King..."

          "You never answered my question..." Jimin replied as Jungkook smiled.

           "Discuss it while we eat. We can eat and talk about what I meant. However, I will only talk when the plate is filled." Jungkook said. "I hope your 'father' doesn't mind."

            "The Ringmaster? No he's not my fa-"

             "I was being sarcastic." Jungkook said as he held up a finger and moved it to signal Jimin to follow. "Come with me... I want to speak with you more." Jungkook claimed as he held out his hand so Jimin can hold it but of course... Jimin refused it again while he followed the king into the feast room.

         Jimin still had on his makeup that wasn't fading or washing out until he wipes it off. Jungkook went to sit on the big chair at the table as Jimin stayed standing until Jungkook pointed to the seat across the big table. "Sit." Jungkook demanded as Jimin went to go sit across Jungkook. "You'll have to speak a little louder if you want to talk to me.." Jungkook advised as Jimin nodded.

             "Why do you want me to be here? I'm not hungry... I'm tired.." Jimin added as Jungkook tilted his head.

               "You'll like what I have in store for you... No one can turn down the King's offer." Jungkook said as Jimin looked at the table feeling his stares again.

              "My King.... Please don't stare at me like that..." Jimin said as Jungkook placed his hands down on the table and began to tap the wooden long table.

              "How should I stare at you then?" Jungkook asked as Jimin shook his head slightly.

               "Maybe... You don't stare at me every second.." Jimin claimed as he felt a bit of guilt telling the King this.

                "Hmm... I can see you don't like this, Park Jimin..." Jungkook said as Jimin let out a sigh and nodded feeling a bit relieved now that Jungkook actually sounded sane.

              "I might aswell explain what I want you to do for me... Then maybe you wouldn't feel this way." Jungkook said as Jimin understood and gave the King a moment to explain himself.

                 "Yes.. I think that will be better." Jimin said as Jungkook stood up and walked out for a moment leaving Jimin in the eating room. He looked at his reflection from a vase and still noticed he kept his makeup on. Jimin felt a bit nervous... How could the king take him serious on anything right at the moment? Jimin looked back hoping to see Jungkook come back quicker so he wouldn't have to wait any longer. Then, Jimin began to think, "What if I can just leave right now?" Jimin thought to himself slowly standing up. "I'm going home.." Jimin said as he started to feel homesick... However, all those comments Taehyung said about Jungkook was finally coming across Jimin's mind making him feel off.

             As Jimin turned around, Jungkook was at the door way leaning on it while holding a paper in his hand. "Leaving already? We didn't get to talk yet or eat... Sit." Jungkook demanded as he walked up to Jimin and dropped the paper on the table infront of Jimin. "I don't want to seem scary just hear me out. Oh, and I asked the servants to tell the chef that we both are going to eat. There's no way you would leave now. Not until you're well fed." Jungkook said as Jimin looked at the page. It was a contract... This is what Taehyung told Jimin about and since the Ringmaster was right... Jimin worried about Jungkook actually being a sick and mad man, just the way Taehyung said.

             "You want me to work for you..." Jimin said as he looked at the word on top of the page that had the words.

· Jester ·

           "As your clown?" Jimin looked up at the King. "I'm not very funny..." Jimin admitted as Jungkook let out a chuckle and sat on the table looking at the page.

              "You'll be atleast entertainment. I've never had a Jester... While I was the prince, my family had the Jester but of course when I became King I didn't want one." Jungkook admitted.

              "Why do you want one now?" Jimin asked as Jungkook looked up at Jimin, staring at his perfectly designed face makeup.

                "Well..." Jungkook got off the table not wanting to make Jimin uncomfortable due to how close he was getting now. "I guess everyone needs to smile time to time... Yes?"