Chapter 1: Gabriel's New 'Eye Candy'

Gabriel Reyes sat overtaxed on a squeeky rotating chair in his brightly lit office. The sunlight seeping through the cracks of the blinds behind him, made his desk shine the silhouette of the adjustable covers along with him, sitting in his boring predicament. His computer monitor sitting neatly on the edge of the table with a high tech wireless phone next to it, resting on its holster. Multiple papers and files sat scattered along his work station that if looked at too long, could probably cause eye pain.

Him being the commander of team Blackwatch had its ups and downs and today, was definitely a down. His more professional office located on sight of Overwatch headquarters, had appeared as if it was the oval office itself with a big Overwatch logo sewn into a humongous rug and multiple bookshelves lined up against the walls, filled with volumes about different theories and categories that Reyes wanted nothing to do with. Books weren't his thing, and neither was this professional bullshit office but, he had to suck it up anyway for the sake of how Overwatch's Commander Jack Morrison, ran things. It was already bad enough that Gabe wanted nothing to do with the blonde haired annoyance of a leader, that sometimes he would have to actually communicate with him on certain orders. Talking to him about anything military related made Gabe dread wasting every second at that god foresaken hell hole of a building. He prefered it back at his facility, the way he ran things, away from all the nonsense and happy crap running rampant here. He couldn't stand this bright and cheery scenery, a dark lit room with a decently bright desk lamp was all he needed to keep him going.

Looking at countless files of new recruits for this wave of soldiers seemed endless. Propping his head upon his hand, his fingers held it up firmly using his other hand to flip through the pages of another recruit. He had already gone through two hundred and ninety nine files of what seemed like complete wastes of time. None of them looked like they had the potential to become a super soldier, making Reyes feel nothing short of irritated.

Gabriel Reyes was the commander for a covert ops task force known as Blackwatch. Whenever Overwatch found a mission to be too jeopardizing to the organization, they would call in Blackwatch to irradicate the situation. In order to do that however, the organization would need specialists and experts in the art of combat and health. Meaning new recruits would have to go through advanced training to become Blackwatch material. So under a wide military budget, they had owned a seperate and more secrete location for a trainning base. Consisting of various advanced core classes, mechanics on health theory, and rigorous training on hand to hand and weapons combat; the base was a top notch, state of the art training facility. It bested those who attended and excelled those willing to fight and shine brighter than the rest but, knocked down those who failed miserably and lacked the skills required to meet the criteria. At this point in his career though and looking at this collection of people, things were looking very grim. It was like this for what seemed like the third year in a row, recruits appearing horrid but, Gabe still managed to push through somehow.

Reyes sighed gently putting down the file and picked up a pen, tapping it quickly on the table to give him anything but, this deafining silence.

Staring at the page in front of him of a recruit who didn't stand out at all, he dropped the pen and raised both hands to his face, rubbing his palms against his eyes trying to make himself stay awake. Now running his palms down his tired expression, he began to rub his mouth and chin, almost as some sort of a refresher. If he had any chance of waking himself up from this boring paper work like a bucket of ice water or even a bullet to the foot, he'd take it.

About to get back into the dreadfull swing of things again, he paused the kneading of his face once the phone beside his computer pierced his eardrum with a loud ring. Starring at it for a moment with a blank expression, he wasn't sure if he should pick it up. He hated talking to everyone here, always wondering whats going on with him or if he wanted to go out and eat or some bullshit he didn't care for. Trying to always crack his 'Mr.Grumpy' attitude. However, it was the thing that took him out of his paperwork fatigue so, he guessed it wasn't all that bad.-