Chapter 24: Seizure

•Mark•
Thud. Thud. Thud.

Someone was watching me. I could feel their eyes on my back as I left. Adrenaline coursed through me, and I fought the urge to run. I shivered, both from the cool air and from fear. I could hear metal scraping on metal, and the pitter patter of paws. I stood my ground, ready to fight whoever it might be. It was closer now, too close. I bared my teeth, and shifted so I'd immediately gain the upper hand should I need it...

Amy came around the corner, and I relaxed. I was too on edge... Why was I so on edge?

"Amy, you had me worried it was-"

"Who? Who did you think Amy was?" Amy spoke, but it didn't seem like something she'd say. Plus, she referred to herself in third person. She not the type to do that unless she's making a joke. Maybe I'm too paranoid, obviously this is Amy. She's still her sleek white and brown spotted self with the same brown eyes.

"I thought you were someone from Luna Vacante. They've been hounding us for a while now. They think we should stand down, and they should be head of all packs. Ever since mom died they've been worse on me." I admitted. The letters I'd gotten swarmed my office, and I ended up getting many death threats.

"Well, chill Mark. We're just here to-" Amy's words were suddenly garbled, like a radio announcers voice being drowned out because of bad weather. I was then pulled to the ground by an invisible force. I gasped, clawing the ground as this force pulled me away from Amy.

"Amy! Please, help me!" I yelped, but she just sat there. She stared at me with blank, brown eyes. It was like she didn't register that I was here. I whimpered when something latched onto my paw. I tried to push it off with my other paw, but whatever it was wasn't coming loose. Amy stepped forward, easily staying in place as if the force didn't affect her.

"Mark... You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment. If only I could have gotten free sooner. I'd have killed you as a babe. Yet here you are... Give your lover boy a message for me. 'I will ruin you... One by one.' Now, wake up."

I gasped, trying to catch my breath as my throat closed up. My hands hit cold stone as my entire body tensed up, and my heart pounding in my ears was the only thing I could hear. The only thought I had was that I couldn't breathe.

Suddenly there was a presence beside me, and a blanket was laid over me. Something was put under my head, and I registered another person sitting on the other side of me. I finally pulled in air, coughing as my head finally cleared. I laid there for several minutes, regaining my senses.

I sat up with a groan, holding my head as my vision swam for a second. Someone pulled the blanket tighter around me. I looked around and saw that I was in a cell, and Amy and Jack were sitting beside me.

"Mark?" Amy softly called my name, and I turned to look at her.

"What happened?" My head still felt foggy, and I was very confused.

"You were sleeping, then you started turning back. You trashed so much we couldn't help you. We were going to put you in the water and hold you at the surface, but you kept scratching at us. When you couldn't breathe, we realized you were having a seizure. Amy got the blanket to... ahem, to cover you up. Are you okay, Mark?" Jack asked, setting his hand on my shoulder. His touch spread a soothing warmth through me, and I leaned into him with a groan.

"Mark, you can't sleep-" I groaned again, and then Amy continued, "-yet. We have to get you to the house, and get you something to eat before you can sleep. Jack, help me get him up."

"I can get up!" I scoffed, pushing them away from me and standing. I stood, wobbling for a minute before my vision went dark and I stumbled. Jack caught me, and gave me a minute.

"Come on, Mark. Let us help you. We can help." Jack said, his breath tickling my ear. I nodded, and leaned into his warmth with a sigh of relief as my sore muscles relaxed slowly. "Mark, you can't sleep..."

"Mmm?" I opened my eyes. "Oh... You're a vamp, can't you carry me? I really don't wanna walk, I'm so sore."

"Amy? Would that be alright? I'm just worried he might fall asleep and..." Suddenly I realized Jack was afraid of holding me because it would remind him of how he held my mother before she died. My heart ached, and I pulled out of his grasp and leaned onto the arm Amy held out for me.

"It's alright, Jackaboy. I probably do need to stay awake. I'm just a bit sore, so I just need a bit of help up, that's all. Come on. Let's get some food, I'm so hungry. Speaking of hunger, how is that going, Jack? How's your control been?" I asked, changing the subject to something less... centered on me.

"It's been alright. I just... Well, I had to ask Pepper for an after school class. I just can't seem to stop once I start. I've been able to stop a few times, but that's only because the participants stopped giving consent." Jack said as we walked up the steps.

"What? What do you mean by that? I thought vamps were kinda notorious for feeding on random alley people? Sorry! That was so stereotyping, I'm sorry!" I said, and Amy put her hand over her mouth and pretended to cough. She was laughing, that asshole.

"It's understandable. The only vamps who do that are those who are prepared to face the pain. Once a person stops consenting, their body floods with a panic chemical that is like tasting acid. Unless I was rabid with hunger, then I would never willingly feed from a person who stops consenting. With you, it's different. Our connection makes it so that it's easy to stop when you say." Jack explained. Amy had been nodding along, to show that she was listening as well. Suddenly she stopped.

"Wait... Connection?"

"Oh yeah... We never told you. We're mates." I said.

"You motherfuckers!"

Word Count: 1089 words

Thank y'all so much for 9k reads!!! I love you all so much, and I'm terribly sorry that this took so long!