Chapter 9: Mate

~Jack~
My hunger woke me. I was sprawled on Mark's guest bed sleeping soundly when my stomach lurched. My eyes shot open, and I flopped out of the bed and pulled my bag to me, looking for my hat and some socks.

I only found socks, so now I looked for my hat. I needed my hat to help hide who I was. I needed to get some blood in me or I'd end up attacking Mark or the girls. Then I remembered where I'd left my hat: Mark's room.

My heart beat in my ears and panic set in. What of I woke him, or what if he was already awake? I wanted my hat, so I guess I'd have to go in. I went to Mark's room, and looked for my hat. Mark turned to lay on his back, and that's when I saw my hat. It was on his headboard beside the wall, meaning I'd have to climb on the bed to get to it.

Well shit. I slowly made my way to his bed, trying to make sure the my footsteps weren't too loud. Should I lean over from the side of the bed or go lengthwise and get my hat? Lengthwise would be better since he wasn't too close to the wall.

I pressed my knee into the bed and cringed when it squeaked. I made my way towards the hat, and reached out to grab it. I was so close, just a little more and it'd be between my fingers.

That's when Mark shifted, scooting closer to the wall and making my fall onto his chest. My face got red, and I knew I was shaking from hunger. I could hear his heartbeat, and suddenly getting the hat was the farthest thing on my mind. I slowly rose off of Mark, only for him to open his eyes in surprise. My breath hitched as his breath hit my lips.

"S-Sorry. I needed my... my hat. I need... need to feed." My volume got lower as I spoke.

Mark snaked his hand around my neck, and lightly pulled me to him. As our lips met, I felt my heart race. He was playing with fire, I could drink him up right now...

I wanted to.

"Mark~" I whined.

"What are you waiting for? Do it."

I kissed his neck lightly, feeling the muscles in his neck as he sighed. I opened my mouth and bit down. The reaction was instant, as soon as his blood touched my tongue I knew... Mark is my mate.

His hand twisted my shirt as his back arched. Mark was a moaning mess, writhing underneath me. His blood was hot and sweet, intoxicating me. Yet when he whispered stop, I let go. I pulled away, licking his wound closed, like it was the easiest thing to pull away from him and his delicious blood.

He said stop, so that's what I did.

His chocolatey brown eyes met mine, and I glanced at his lips once more before sitting up. Mark sat up, and he pulled me closer by my waist and kissed me.

I'm with my mate.

I let my hands roam his chest, and I hummed happily against his lips. I was finally with my mate...

The thought sobered me, and I pulled away slowly. I was with Mark, I couldn't be mates with the Alpha of all fucking Alpha's. The Order of Blood would be furious.

My mate...

"Thank you." I whispered, leaving his room quickly. The disappointment and hurt that crossed his face killed me, but I couldn't let him see the tears that had gathered in my eyes.

Mark was my mate.

Word count: 621 words