°The Order of Blood°

The Order of Blood was an ancient organization built to lend an ear, an opinion, or demand an action be taken by whomever the current King of the vampires were. The current King was Sean William McLoughlin, or as he likes to go by, Jack. In fact, the Order were currently having a meeting about Jack and his strong bloodlust that can and has gotten out of control.

Geoffrey Wes was a modern man of modern ways, so being the Cull was strange. As the Cull he had to dictate the democracy that was the Order, but not overly so to keep it as it was: a democracy where any vampire's opinion could be spoken.

Today a young lass had entered asking to see the Order. The lass's name was Killian Hawthorn, but had kindly asked to be called Lia as she told her story.

Geoffrey had done the necessary formalities quickly, always slightly uneasy in 'leading' the Order. Lia spoke softly, but her words echoed in the large room with a high ceiling. It still held it's Victorian-like architecture, but now it had been painted with a lovely shade of light blue. The ceiling had been painted to resemble the clear sky so it didn't seem as dark and desolate to those who entered.

What Lia had told the Order had disturbed them greatly, for many had never seen the urge of a vampire King in person. Now that Lia had left, it was time to discuss what must be done, as something needed to happen.

"The King is strong, the strongest to come since our race was born into the world. It is understandable that he would have an urge to match." Suzanne High-Tale reasoned.

"Aye, but we mustn't endanger our neighbors, the humans. Our King needs to learn to control it." Jeremy Bale pointed out.

Geoffrey held up his hand, open-palmed to face the center of the room. Everyone went silent, to wait for the Cull to speak. "I understand that our King is strong, and undoubtedly his urge as well. While I understand this, I must ask of you," he gestured to the Order that had gathered in their regular circle fashion, "Will we blindly follow our King? Will we endanger those we have long protected and whom we dine with? I think not. Sean is a kind King, but, as Jeremy pointed out, he needs to learn to control it."

The newest member of the Order, Diana James, raised her hand shyly. "Do not be wary to speak or give your opinion, Diana. Tell and it shall be heard and considered." Geoffrey addressed her.

"There is a school that teaches many things, my youngest brother went to learn the ways of Olde and had a class in which he was taught to control his urge. Though, I must admit, Cull, that there are many flaws. I realize this, but I will throw the idea out there. The King could be sent to Zen Academy for Supernatural Beings in Los Angeles."

Diana spoke truly, Zen Academy was known for lowering the amount of accidents involving humans by almost seventy-five percent.

"Ireland is a small place! To send the King to Los Angeles a place, might I remind you, is larger in number of humans than here would be a massive loss for humans!" Helen Carter, a woman born and raised in Los Angeles, said. Diana nodded, knowing this very well.

"I agree, Helen, but the gain would weigh more than any loss. I have faith the King can reign it in as long as he keeps well fed until he learns how he may control the urge." Diana reasoned, silencing any objections. Geoffrey would have to consider Diana as the Cull when his time was up.

"I accept this, do any object to our decision?" Geoffrey asked. Not one did.

"Then, it is time we make a demand of our King."

Word count: 662 words