Chapter 2: Nut Class

•Mark•
Last night had been great, running through the forest in my wolf form. The great thing about being a werewolf is that you can turn whenever you want unless it's the full moon. Then you have to or the pain will kill you. That's a downside, it hurts every time until you have done it one thousand times. Ouch. I couldn't imagine having to go through that.

"Hey Mark. Last night sure was fun!" Amy, my ex, said.

Werewolves always know when someone is our mate, and unfortunately Amy's not mine. I love her, but she's like a sister now.

"I know! I have to get to first period. Bye." I said, waving her off.

Our talk was short and sweet, but with me being the Alpha of the all packs I had to set an example. That meant actually trying to be on time. I have History first, which means a whole lot of gawking when people realize that I'm the 'heir' to the Alpha pack, and that my mom is a famous Alpha.

Although, when I came of age I won the pack from her. She still has a faint scar mark on her neck where I bit her into submission. It probably sounds bad to humans, but it's what we do. The heir to any pack always knows that they will have to fight their parent once they come of age. At least we don't have to kill them like in the old days.

Mrs. Peters sat at her desk, with a paper in her wrinkled hands. I tried to see what she was looking at, but she had it turned. Mrs. Peters is a lovely old woman, a shapeshifter, who has a knack for giving detentions and tardy slips. Mostly to me. She looked up with her bright blue eyes and smiled, crinkling the corners of her eyes.

All shapeshifters have blue eyes, but none had Mrs. Peters kind smile. "It seems you're on time, Mark." She stated.

"I am, Mrs. Peters. Now you don't have to give me a tardy." I nodded to her before sitting in my seat.

"How unfortunate, I always look forward to it."

I grinned. Mrs. Peters was nothing if not funny. Someone knocks on the door just as the bell rang. The door opened to a green haired guy with blue eyes. I tilted my head and sniffed before realizing that he was a vampire. I have nothing against them, but we don't exactly get along.

He stood straight, and held his chin up slightly, an air of power radiated from him. He seemed to hold everyone's attention, and many watched him with lust and awe. He was captivating, and I found myself holding my breathe in anticipation of what he would say. "Hello, S-"

"Jack. If you don't mind ma'am. I prefer to be called Jack." He said.

I shivered slightly, as his voice was enthralling to listen to. He sounded Irish, an accent I quite liked. Everyone has that one accent at does it for them, this was mine. Irish accents were hot and adorable.

I completely disregarded the fact that Jack asked Mrs. Peters to call him Jack. It wasn't uncommon for people to want to be called by their middle name, and I assumed that's what it was. Mrs. Peters pointed to my table, the round one in the corner, for him to sit at.

Tyler Scheid and Ethan Nestor hadn't gotten here yet. They're always five minutes late because they don't live on campus.

Tyler is a vampire and Ethan is a shapeshifter. I'm friends with quite a few vampires, actually. Bob Muyskens and Wade Barnes, who are close friends of mine, are werewolves too. They both moved away when they graduated from ZASB. Graduating from this place really means just passing each tiny test, but as Alpha I had to take a bigger test. I had to know a lot of things.

Jack sat down across from me, and I whispered a hello. If he was going to be the fourth at this group, then might as well welcome him. Jack nodded, and pulled out a notebook and pencil. Tyler and Ethan arrived and sat down, introducing themselves to Jack, who pushed his green floof out of his face after having nodded in response.

Then the lesson started, and Jack began doodling in it instead of writing any notes. I was impressed, not many could doodle and listen to what Mrs. Peters said. At one point she asked Jack if he knew who the current Alpha of all Alphas was. He just pointed to me and started drawing a really cute cat. Ahem, thanks for bringing that up to the new vamp Mrs. Peters!

The bell rang, signalling first period had ended. I put my bag over my shoulder with a sigh. Next was Were (wolf) Health and Safety. That flew by quickly, and then it was onto Control Class. I don't think anyone calls it that though. The Irish vamp, Jack was in this class.

He looked uneasy. I sat beside him on the bleachers and tried to strike up a conversation. "Hi. I'm-"

"Mark Fischbach. I know." Jack said. I nodded uncomfortably. Kind of creepy that he knew my name, but I suppose it isn't difficult to find out that information. Thanks Google.

"So what's your name?" I asked him. Jack rubbed his neck, a habit he probably picked up.

"Jack."

"Do you have a last name?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jack replied plainly.

"Okay, well why are you in the Nut? Um, I mean... Control class." I asked Jack. He raised an eyebrow.

"The Nut?" Jack asked, trying not to smile.

"It's what everyone calls it because of our teacher, Mrs. Blu. Everyone just calls her Pepper though because her name is Pepper Blu. She hates it. The first day we came to class she told us, 'Call me Pepper. My last name is Blu, and I've heard too many blue cheese jokes to last a lifetime. If I hear another that's weekend detention.' So... Careful with what you say." I explained, cringing when I realized that I just ranted to this guy who clearly seems to be uninterested in talking to me.

He nodded thoughtfully. "Morning class! We seem to have a new student, Jack why don't you introduce yourself and why you're in here?" Pepper asked. Pepper was a short, stubby woman with short, box-y black hair and full bangs. Pepper was part demon, so her brown eyes were tinged with black. Most demons have black that fills in the whites of their eyes as well, but not Pepper. In fact, that's probably where she got her name Pepper.

"My name is Jack. I like video games, and I'm here because I can't control my hunger." Jack said.

"Wait, so you were sent here, to a place full of humans, to learn to control your hunger? That kind of doesn't make sense." I said.

"It was necessary." Was Jack's answer. Suddenly he stiffened beside me. His eye twitched, and that was when I realized why he was so tense. Pepper had brought humans here to help the vampires with their hunger.

"Jack? Jack, don't look at them. How good are you at controlling your hunger?" I asked. His answer sent shivers down my spine.

"I have no control."

Word count: 1233 words