Chapter Eighteen: I Really Hate Car Rides

   The car ride back to that creepy Victorian castle-like-mansion was certainly unforgettable. Not because anything impressionable happened, but because I was left (as usual) baffled by every new thing being hurled my way.

   Blindfolded, I sat on the back seat of the car. Jackson sat beside me, humming a low tune under his breath with a deep voice; which was oddly soothing. Derreck was in the other car; and I felt sorry for the slightly older man, knowing he was probably trying to act cool whilst having an inner shit fit. I may be dramatic; but the guy was borderline psychopathic; not to mention the in denial bastard will go into withdrawal soon enough. The sadistic part of me was excited to say "I told you so" but the other more rational one was... also excited to say "I told you so."

   Then again, Derreck is my friend, asshole or not; he deserves some sympathy. "Do you just plan on keeping me locked inside your mansion forever?" I asked, my voice dull as I faced the general direction of Jackson.

   "I was hoping you'd end up falling for my charm at some point." He replied, and I could almost hear the smirk he said it with.

   "Right. Besides your delusions, is there a point of having me here?" I was getting frustrated of his roundabout way of answering things.

   "What if I said it was love at first sight?" I could feel him inch closer, craning his head down to whisper into my ear, his warm breath tickling me. Again with that answer!

   "I would tell you to fuck off." I deadpanned, not in the mood to play along. Even children get annoyed at some point. I was still clutching my notebook on my lap, innerly glad that Jackson didn't demand to see the content inside. I was sure to die of embarrassment if he did.

   "You're no fun at all." He chuckled, not at all deterred by my annoyed attitude.

   "Can you just answer the question?" I ask again, leaning my head against the headrest, releasing an overly exaggerated long sigh.

   "I don't wanna tell you."

   At this point, I was boiling with anger and pent up frustration, and with his vague words I raised a threatening fist. I was glaring hard enough that I was sure that it would burn past the blindfold soon.

   "You're so cute." He murmured, pecking my cheek.

   I was, to say the least, startled. The action was so unlike anything he'd ever done before, compared to his usually rough and forceful moves, this one was sweet and affectionate. It almost made me gag.

   "Stop doing that!" I growled, though I was horrified when it came out more like a whine.

   "Stop what?" He paused, his lips tickling my skin.

   "Stop fucking kissing me! It's weird! I don't even know you!" I huffed, wrapping arms around myself as some sort of shield.

   "Of course you know me! I'm your fiancé!" I could hear the mocking innocence in his words as the bastard laid a gentle palm on my knee.

   "Not by choice!" I shivered, feeling the soft yet dominating pressure under the hand.

   I wasn't in love with the man, not by a long shot, but I couldn't deny the attraction lingering somewhere deep inside of me.

   But fuck it if I'll ever admit it!

   There's no such thing as loving someone at first sight. Sure, attraction can be counted, maybe interest too, but love? Hah! Fuck me sideways and call me Becky! And in my unique case of being forcefully engaged under the penalty of death; love was a tricky if. I wasn't in love with the man, I was sure of it. Hell, I couldn't even see the bastard!

   "Is the blindfold necessary?" I ask, pushing his hand off my leg, and shifting to put some distance between us.

   "Yes, it is. I can't have my cute little kitten running away, now can I?" He drew out his words, teasing me with that horrible comparison.

A kitten? A kitten!? Again with the kitten!

"Fuck you."

____

A/N:

There's a little nibblet of Jackson and Chris as I work out the plot line for this story. Except a small hiatus and some editing while I fix things. I have decided to make a poll on their ship name. Comment on the one you like best;

Chrison

Chrackson

Jackris

Or suggest your own

Also, you may have noticed I changed the cover, so tell me if this or the old one is better :) thank chu<3

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

I just wanted to dedicate a portion to thank every single one of you for supporting and (I assume) enjoying my amateur writing. I'm working on improving myself in many ways, but just getting a single read is enough to make me happy, so thank you for indulging my obnoxious ways and sticking along. You all make me the happiest person in the word ≧∇≦
-ThyEnemyCloser

ok, bai