Chapter Sixteen: A Party In My Humble Abode

   There's this spanish song with a funky rhythm, quirky and lively; but the lack of lyrics in the intro and loud exaggerated acoustic reminded me very much of my own life. Wild, loud, and kinda obnoxious after a while.

   I'm was sure what Jackson wanted of me- I'm not completely dumb.

   Galenski Roberts.

   The man was a full time bastard.

   Harassing me, calling my phone, sending roses to my front door... it seemed the man had a lifelong dedication of having me... in a sexual way, of course. If this were some sort of office job, I'd have filed a sexual harassment complaint a hell of a long time ago.

   Walking down the pleasant garden with Jackson, I let my gaze wander as we walked in rare silence.

   Of course, I never stay silent for long.

   "Can I go back to my apartment?" I asked, swinging my feet, nearly tripping as I accidentally kicked the floor.

   Jackson didn't answer for a few seconds before his deep voice came out, "I can send some men over to retrieve your stuff."

   My heart froze at the thought of someone snooping around my apartment... I had way too many embarrassing posters decorating my bedroom walls.

   "No no no, I go." I stated, deliberately nodding as if agreeing with my own words.

   Jackson glanced down at me, still holding me close to him. At this point I stopped trying to put distance between him and myself, having given up and just let him cling me to him. It was surprisingly comfortable, and he was warm, contrasting to the chilly wind despite it being early autumn....

   okay, I'm giving excuses.

   The man was hotter than the hottest day of a heat wave, and I was a flimsy virgin, let me live. Besides, who doesn't feel good after getting attention from a hot guy, even if the guy is a grade A fuckboy with a capital F.

   Anyways, back to Galenski Roberts.

   The man was another mafia kingpin, but he dealt with more of the illegal sex trade and human trafficking than the armory and drugs Jackson handled. To put it simply, they are polar opposites.

   Galenski Roberts; a perverted, persistent bastard that dealt humans like that one kid in school that dealt Hot Cheetos like some grade A drug.

   Then there's Jackson;

A ruthless bastard who sells guns and drugs, and was basically the antagonist of a cop movie starring the new pretty and naive female detective who was clumsy and self righteous... you know what I'm talking about. I'm sure you do.

   If life were a movie, I'd rather play the insignificant background character.... or the all powerful villain with a wicked laugh sitting on a spinny chair and stroking an imaginary cat. There were only two options, obviously.

   "Okay."

   Snapping up at the word, I give Jackson an excited look, "Really!?"