Chapter Fifteen: Life Alteringly Stupid Decisions

   There's always a point in life when we stop and think to ourselves, "What am I doing with my life?"

_

   What the fuck am I even doing with my life?

   I walked beside Jackson down the hallways, occasionally a thug or two would walk past, saluting to Jackson before scampering off.

   It was quite amusing.

   We were walking silently, with me still fuming over earlier.

   He. Called. Me. A. Kitten.

   If anything, I'm like a baby deer trying to walk on ice. Constantly trying to get up, but ends up slipping anyways.

   I watch Jackson open a door, revealing a beautiful garden. Vibrant green grass and beds of roses proudly displayed; it really brought to contrast the ideal mafia stereotype mindset. I just assumed they lived behind dirty restaurants.

   Taking a step, I looked at Jackson skeptically. He just chuckled at my suspicious eyes, linking my waist and pulling me out.

   Again we walked silently, with his arm wrapped around me, and me awkwardly plastered to his side. The position wasn't particularly romantic or comfortable in any way possible- but me, being an innocent virgin, was instantly flustered. I mean, I am a tease and I know it... but then again, my "seduction" typically consists of blowing in someone's ear and then muttering a few suggestive words- so I'm not going to be a sex god anytime soon.

   As we kept walking, I refused to utter a word and waited for Jackson to speak up. I was surprised and rather proud of myself for not playing the 'immature' card and shouting "cooties!" before running off into the sunset.

   Though, sounds fun... no. Stop it, don't even think about it.

   "Well speak up, bastard." I muttered, annoyed at either myself, Jackson, or the universe. Probably all of them.

   "Chris, you are one annoying little shit." He murmured, taking me by surprise and causing a laugh to tumble out of me.

   "You're the one who kidnapped me." I grumble back, annoyed that he made me laugh.

   "You and I both know you're here for a reason, don't you?" He asked, making me look up at him- yes, I'm still plastered to the brute.

"I have a hunch." I played coy, and I did have a few suspicions... sex slave, pimp... husband. Nope, can't really think of anything clearly while being held so closely. Damn him.

"Well, Chris. Tell me this, do you know Galenski Roberts?" He asks, and I glanced sharply up at him, but he didn't even turn to look at me.

_Jackson's POV:

   "Do you know Galenski Roberts?" I ask, sneaking a peak as Chris froze, feeling him glance sharply at me. We were still walking down my garden, with me tightly holding on to Chris in case he tries to 'escape' or whatever he calls is again.