Chapter Thirteen: Being Planless is Better Than Being Pantless

   I accept my position.

   There is no way a simple con artist - like myself - can beat a fucking Mafia kingpin.

   It just wasn't possible.

   Though, someone who happens to be married to a Mafia King and happens to be a con-artist, has a slight possibility. And I mean capital S-L-I-G-H-T.

   Unless of course, you're me and have given up trying to escape by now.

   I know, I know, what took me so... fast?

   Simple, I'm tired.

   In fact, I'm exhausted.

   I literally have not slept for like... a day and a half. That's a day too long I've been awake.

   Do you know what this means!?

   It means, that I'm going to sleep and no one- and I mean no one- better wake me up.

   But when I imagined sleeping... well, I didn't mean to sleep with someone. And certainly not now, with some dude I barely met. With some dude who forced me into an engagement. With some... really hot dude. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over that.

   I broke apart from the kiss, panting and gasping. Like a whore... but a cute one.

   Jackson gave me a confused look, trying to resume the kiss- probably assuming I was just taking a breath. But nope. Sorry. I stepped away from him, slipping underneath his arm and towards the king bed in the room.

   I have no idea where we are, but at this point, I don't really care.

   "Hey! What are you-" Jackson called, trailing behind me.

   "Shh!" I shushed him loudly, collapsing on the bed. Jackson, however- being the sex-addicted bastard he probably is- saw this as an invitation to pin me to the bed.

   Though despite the obvious boner, I wasn't having it.

   I know it's not a good way to start off an engagement.... at least, in my situation... but, I can't just give myself away like this. Like some... like some... like some whore!... but a cute one.

   So without a second's thought, I closed my eyes.

   As soon as my head hit the soft feathered pillow, my body shut down on its own, enveloping me into a deep sleep, not even caring that I was leaving myself completely vulnerable to a criminal, murderer, and gang leader. 

_ Jackson's POV

   I stare at the infuriating brat laying on my bed, already snoring as he peacefully slept.

   This twerp has barely been here for a day and has already created enough of a disaster. A street informant has given news that someone is looking for Chris, and even I was surprised at the scale they were going with to search for the teenager; and now, he's interrupted a business meeting just so he can.... sleep